Design Director AtlassianSydney, New South Wales, AU
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems and thrive on variety? If so, we have a great opportunity for you. We are looking for a Design Manager in Sydney to work across a number of Atlassian products focused on some of our largest enterprise customers.
In this role you will lead and manage a team of designers, helping them develop their craft in all areas such as UX design, UI design and research. You will also work closely with product managers, engineering and other stakeholders to define product strategy and champion the user experience in our products
Ideally, you are passionate about making people better; you provide support and guidance to your team in constructive ways that inspire, energise, and increase their quality of work. If you have the drive and passion to steer the strategic design direction and grow design at Atlassian in Sydney, then this role could be for you.
You'll also have the opportunity to:
- Facilitate workshops with engineers and product managers to establish project scope and potential solutions to solve the identified problems in the most effective way.
- Establish (and maintain) a high quality bar for shipped design work with your team.
- Help your team plan and conduct exploratory user research and effective usability tests.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve workflows and user interfaces for the products you are working on.
- Improve design thinking of the whole product team by including other team members in the various design related activities.
To be successful here, we'd expect you to:
- Bring previous experience of having managed a design team.
- Have hands-on professional experience as a UX designer or visual designer, ideally with software or complex web-based applications.
- Show great facilitation skills and a track record of collaborating with other functions, like engineering and product.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for simple solutions and the ability to step into the customer's shoes.
- Be eager to deliver across the entire design process, not just one aspect such as user research or visual design.
More about the team
Designers at Atlassian are responsible for delivering across the entirety of the design process, from early stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics. We're looking for people who are really strong in at least one design-focused skill, have an interest to improve in many other areas and are humble enough to always ask questions and learn more.
More about our benefits
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year to support your favourite cause, plenty of food and drinks (including our famous 'Charlie's bar'), ergonomic workstations with sit/stand desks, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.