Design Director AvisBracknell, England, GB
Digital Design Operations Manager
***Maternity Cover Fixed Term Contract 9-12 Months
DesignOps / Production Manager / Studio Manager
Avis Budget Group EMEA Ltd is a leading provider of mobility solutions across Europe, Africa and the Middle East, where it operates the globally recognised Avis and Budget brands.
Avis Budget is a trusted brand with a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty, with a commitment to true convenience and exceptional service with the Avis human touch.
The Avis brand operates across six continents via a network of over 5230 locations in 166 countries, through wholly-owned subsidiaries in 21 corporate countries complemented by licence arrangements in a further 145 countries.
The Budget brand, serves customers across six continents, through more than 3,900 locations in 124 countries, including over 800 airports. These are predominantly franchise businesses with corporate operations in France, Germany, Spain, UK, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland.
Budget is an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travellers worldwide.
Where possible and for customer convenience, the Avis and Budget brands share the same rental locations at many airports, railway stations and other key locations across Europe.
As Design Operations Manager for Avis Budget Group EMEA, you will help the design team do their best work across a wide range of projects. You will plan and manage the processes, tools, and collaborations to keep the designers focused on giving customers engaging, valuable, and innovative experiences with our brands.
You will be someone who loves collaboration, planning, process, and the value design brings to an organisation. This maternity cover role is an opportunity to join an already effective team, and tweak their workflows to be even better.
To excel in this role, you will need a passion for big ideas balanced with an eye for detail. You will need to bring together a dedication to the customer and a deep understanding of business. You will be a people person with the resilience and determination to drive real change, and you will inspire others to follow your lead.
- Manage the day-to-day output of the design team on behalf of the Head of Digital Creative, using agile design processes and patterns to ensure pace, quality, consistency, and coordination.
- Forecast and plan for the short- and long-term workload of the team, to ensure the right mix of resource is available when needed.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to plan and deliver effective design on time and within budget.
- Manage the software and hardware strategy for the team, ensuring the right tools for the job.
- Facilitate regular design sprints, workshops, etc to accelerate innovation within the business.
- Foster a data-aware approach to design, working closely with the optimization and analytics teams, ensuring our work is supporting the metrics that matter.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships across the business, evangelising for the design function and ensuring high performance through excellent collaboration.
Key Experience / Background
- Must have significant experience of managing web and app design projects.
- Demonstrable experience of process innovation in support of defined business goals.
- Experience of collaboration techniques particularly Kanban, scrum and design sprint.
- Evidence of collaborative working that demonstrates a flexible approach to delivery.
- Resource planning and budgeting experience.
- Experience of working within a large multinational organisation.
- Senior designer or design lead role.
- Strong experience of using analytics and other data to drive a successful design strategy.
- Experience implementing and maintaining design systems.
- Both agency and client-side roles.
- Design management experience.
- Experience of user-centred design.
- Creative, strategic thinker with a passion for the digital experience design
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills who can interact with people across various disciplines.
- Self-starter, with a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
- Familiarity with leading design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC.
- Microsoft office online (particularly OneDrive)
- Workshop facilitation experience.
- Additional Foreign Language Capability Advantageous
If the above is of interest, please apply today! We hope to hear from you.