Design Director David Sutherland LLCDallas, Texas, US
Perennials is the leader in the luxury performance textiles industry. Perennials has become recognized as the designer's dream for both contract and residential applications, transforming gardens, pools, yachts and living areas, both indoor and out, into enchanting spaces. Year after year, Perennials brings remarkable luxury to high performance fabrics with designs in 100% solution dyed acrylic. Designed for outdoors, and carefree indoor spaces, Perennials prints, wovens, jacquards and velvets draw inspiration from nature, art, cultures, and anywhere else our creativity takes us.
This is where you come in! We are seeking a Creative Director who is dynamic, energetic, passionate and a born leader. This person will love all things creative, Marketing, Visual Merchandising, and Product Development all while managing, mentoring and keeping a positive attitude (because you love the product so much!).
- Collaborate on product creation, selection, and direction in order to optimize product offerings across for Perennials Fabrics to Interior Design and Architectural clients.
- Must be able to conceptualize, guide, and explain creative goals and their relationship to fabric design.
- To stay current on best practices, trends, and industry techniques to share ideas and knowledge with others
- Project Management experience is essential including timely execution and maintenance of interior design
- Lead and manage product development team
- Source current designers to partner with to create new product offerings
- Market Research (domestic and international) to identify concepts and opportunities for product design.
- Provide strategic design direction and collaborate with the CEO to develop a dynamic product assortment that support the brand image and achieve quantifiable business results
- Some travel, domestic and international will be required as necessary
- BA in design and a minimum time in the design/Architectural industry of 5 years or more experience at a design director’s level
- Historical and current design knowledge and disciplined design perspective/ Well connected within the Design Industry
- Should have a true passion for design and keen understanding of textile and furniture with product development
- Strong management and leadership skills, proven training and experience managing a team
- Ability to build relationships quickly and authentically across the company as well as external partners and clients
- Polished, personable and with a good sense of humor
Whether it’s the executive who offers visionary leadership, or the sales professional who won’t settle for less than 100%, a business needs great people to thrive. We believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. David Sutherland, LLC is the career for smart, creative, high energy people driven to contribute in a team environment where everyone can win.