Design Director Them DesignShoreditch, London, England, GB
Them Design is a creatively-driven agency based in Shoreditch looking for a dynamic Design Director.
We offer specialist graphic design support to our broad client base of commercial architects, developers and interior designers. Our work ranges from brand development, website re-engineering, workplace consultation and design including 3D installations, and wayfinding. Our clients work with us because we have a reputation for high-aesthetic delivery and creativity.
Clients include Sony Music, Primark, TJX (TK Maxx & HomeSense), National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain, MoreySmith, L&Q, London International Festival of Theatre (LIFT), Luton Culture, British Sugar, Ergonom, Gunn Architects, The Royal Institution.
Our CEO & Creative Director is taking a step back from the day to day overseeing of creative output, in order to focus on nurturing new business opportunities. So we’re looking for a Design Director who can take on some of those day to day creative responsibilities, but also get stuck in with design work too.
You will be responsible for motivating and developing our team of designers, inspiring and challenging them to produce exceptional, award-winning creative. You’ll also have a hands-on approach to projects, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
This is an exciting time to join Them Design, with ambitious growth plans, opportunities to work directly with our clients, and the chance to play a key role in leading the team as it grows.
We’re looking for someone at Design Director level - either already at DD level, or ready to step up. The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record in a senior position in a design agency.
- The ability to work well in team but can also work independently to deliver projects.
- A proven ability to brief, lead, collaborate and delegate, including outlining work to be carried out by the design team and freelancers, and ensuring creative outputs are on track to be delivered on time and to a high-standard.
- Exceptional conceptual and creative abilities.
- Exceptional ability to develop client relationships and balance clients needs in the studio. This will include the confidence to deliver pitches and articulate arguments.
- An ability to deliver the brand experience across the full range of physical and digital media, and how to translate that delivery into style guidelines. This includes specific knowledge of the design and production of 3D installations.
- Have a complete understanding of end-to-end print design and production.
- Have a meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess excellent team leadership and nurturing skills.
Salary: £48,000 - £55,000 for full time position dependant on experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior designer who is looking for more responsibility and more client interaction. You must be a natural leader and enjoy mentoring the rest of the design team.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and portfolio to Amy Mole, by email.
The role would ideally start in the New Year. We will take applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.