Design Director TranscarentSan Francisco, California, US
[ Head of Design & Founding Designer ]
We are a well-funded Series-A startup, backed by General Catalyst and 7Wire Ventures. We are a cross-disciplinary team of Health Care, Technology, and Medical experts with several exits (IPOs and Acquisitions) in the past.
We are a member-centric health and care navigation and delivery solution. Our solution is for employees and their families to access, navigate and consume healthcare services.
The United States spends twice as much as the average OECD country on health care but has the lowest life expectancy and one of the highest hospitalization rates among these countries. Over the past 50 years, health care costs have grown much faster than inflation even as consumer satisfaction with the health insurance and hospital industry continues to remain low.
We are deeply committed to drive down healthcare costs and believe that Health care needs to be redesigned as a consumer-centric service. We need to make access to care abundant, not scarce. Like every other industry, we believe that empowering members with accurate and accessible information about care, quality, and pricing will drive the best decisions and healthier outcomes.
About this role
Health care is a complex ecosystem. We work with employers (our clients), employees (our members), doctors and surgeons (our service providers), insurance companies, and many other partners (e.g. urgent care clinics) to deliver service to the members. We are redesigning this experience to be frictionless and fully integrated, so you can make reservations, talk to a doctor, get your medication, etc. with a tap on your App.
We care deeply about building an intuitive and delightful experience - both online and offline. This is a founding designer role at Transcarent and in this role, you will help define and shape our product offering to create an industry-leading health-care product.
In this role, you will -
Deeply understand the needs and pain of our members.
What are their core healthcare needs and how can technology and humans help them? You will help develop deep empathy with our users and personas
Craft our Product and Health care service experience.
How will our members interact with the product through the app, web and phone? And how will the end to end experience of interacting with our health advocates, physician and surgeons work?
Hands-on develop everything from wireframes to high fidelity product and experience visuals.
We are starting from scratch and you will help develop our design strategy and system while executing on core interaction, visual and service design
Build an excellent Design team
You are an excellent leader, coach, mentor and builder of teams. You will build a talented and respected Design & Research org.
- 10+ years of experience designing and leading digital products and experiences.
- Demonstrated experience building a top-notch product and team
- You have built new products and experiences from scratch and scaled them
- You have a deep understanding and interest in qualitative research and how to make data-informed design decisions
- You are a first principles thinker. You build empathy towards your users and understand the intricacies of their needs and how to delight them
- You are outcomes-driven - both for users and the business
- Communication - You present your work with clarity and confidence
- You are a natural collaborator and thrive working cross-functionally with product, engineering, data science, and - marketing teams
- You are a high-agency person. You refuse to accept the status quo and have a way of figuring things out
- You are passionate, humble and fun to work with
Work with purpose. Join us in empowering consumers with better information and service so they can make the best health and care choices for themselves.
Join a world-class founding team with several IPOs and Acquisitions in their past.
Be an early part of our founding product team to shape our product strategy, experience and culture.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. We slightly prefer candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area, but are open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.