Design Director WednesdayLondon, England, GB
Wednesday is a full-service, integrated creative agency focused on fashion, luxury and lifestyle.
We create strategically-led advertising campaigns, online destinations, editorial content, and innovative digital experiences to drive consumer engagement and awareness. In the fast-changing consumer retail world, we help companies stand out with business-orientated strategy, nuanced creativity and innovative technology. Wednesday works with some of the most renowned brands in the world, from our offices in London and New York.
Style and Aesthetic
Wednesday’s work is characterised by exceptional taste and grounded in cultural references. Your work should be elevated and conceptual in nature, with a refined craft.
Responsibilities & Qualities
As Design Director based in our London office, you would be expected to develop ideas with our creative team, lead conversations and pitches with clients and see projects through from inception to final delivery. You would work across campaign, activation and art direction briefs to create culturally relevant, thought provoking visual identities to push client’s expectations and grow the visual output of the agency.
We are looking for a Design Director who is rooted in visual design but also experienced in:
- Brand, motion and interactive design
- Print design
- Interface design
- Interactive design
- Environmental design
- Way-finding Conceptualisation
- Art Direction
- Identity Systems
- Brand Guidelines
- Building Client Presentations in Keynote
- Strong typography, image creation, layout skills a must
- Solid motion and animation skills
You will have/be:
- A technical understanding of the design process
- A good balance between planning and creativity
- Keen eye for details and high execution standards
- Ability to set / contribute to vision for the brand personality
- Confidence owning creative development and setting art direction
- Exceptional taste level and be well referenced in both commercial and creative direction
- Previously led a team of multi-faceted creatives and strategists to deliver large-scale campaigns and activations
- The ability to actively look beyond trends
- Global fashion or lifestyle brand experience
- Experience in developing creative answers to complex creative briefs
- Intuitive, enthusiastic and able to multitask
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Friendly, reliable, down to earth, hard worker
- Excellent attention to detail
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role essential
- Fluent in Fostering Client Relationships
Solid understanding of Adobe InDesign, Adobe CC, Sketch, Photoshop, Keynote.
You will report to the Executive Creative Director.
How to apply
Please sent CV and portfolio to:
Tammy Smulders, President, Wednesday London