Designer ABBMoscow, RU
Opportunity to join a strong international company known for advanced technology and innovation; recognition of professional achievements and global development opportunities; a package of social benefits; opportunity to work with friendly team of great professionals.
- Ensures creation of customized designs with high priority on identification and control of hazards.
- Contributes to design reviews and verification following established QA/QC process, provides feedback on design aspects and makes necessary modifications.
- Creates or reviews engineering drawings, specifications and plans required by manufacturing, fabrication or construction.
- Identifies and implements variation requests to support contract claims.
- Creates work plans and cost estimates for work in one’s area of responsibility and ensures quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost.
- Completes risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility.
- Interacts with customers and provides technical guidance on design related queries.
- Collaborates with the supply chain function, reviews vendor documentation, prepares RFQs, and provides design related evaluation of proposals for non-standard materials and equipment.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of project design assignments.
- Creates standard processes and tools to promote the reuse of technical solutions.
- Coaches less experienced designers on the translation of conceptual designs to engineering documentation, including drawings and calculations.
- May manage a small team of designers on a project.
- Technical university degree.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in design institute or utility sector (transmission and distribution grids) in role of technical expert for substation 110kV.
- Excellent knowledge of all Russian law and regulation (GOST, PUE, etc.) towards substation 110kV.
- Creating of P and R stages of design documentation. Customer expertise of designed solutions.
- Experienced user of Autocad or other software for creating of P and R stage of designs work.
- High level of presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- High level of responsibility and result orientation and hard-working.
- Knowledge of power quality products for industry and utility sectors.
- Working with a large amount of information.
- Elementary level of English language.
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers