Designer ArchipelagoSan Francisco, California, US
We’re looking for a Data Visualization Designer who will help us design data-heavy web applications for expert users. This designer will focus on working with our product team to implement powerful, polished data visualizations to communicate effective stories to our users. Additionally, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable with UX-related tasks and interaction design in an enterprise space. The right person would have 3+ years experience as a designer as well as a portfolio that reflects a strong understanding of designing for difficult problems.
The ideal designer will be comfortable executing their own process, and helping us define our design culture. You’ll have a significant impact, since the product is in its early stages. You’ll have a full team to support you, from research and project planning through development and iteration.
- Design the user experience for data-heavy applications
- Design powerful data visualizations and interactions that help our users understand large amounts of data quickly
- Design from start to finish using wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, user flows & microinteractions
- Prototype with charting, graphs, animation, and with existing interaction libraries or custom HTML/CSS/JS.
- Iterate on everything
- Outline detailed design specifications and handoff for developers and stakeholders
- Work with our existing designers, plus our developers & product team
- Learn from & work with internal domain experts
- Incorporate feedback from customers & end users
- You’ll join at an early stage of the company, so your work will be a helping craft a new part of our product from vision to shipping
- We’re a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
- Competitive salary, full health benefits, and flexible vacation policy
- Semiannual summits with the global team, virtual for now, in person once it’s safe! (previously Singapore, California wine country, and Utrecht)
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of your teammates work remotely from around the world. Pre-existing remote work experience would be a big plus. If you’d like to work remotely, please note that we’re only able to consider applicants based in the US at this time.
Archipelago is a start-up working to revolutionize how risk is insured. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised three rounds of funding to date, and currently employ over 50 people across the US & Europe.