Designer Ave DesignIslington, London, England, GB
[ Junior Designer ]
We are Ave Design – a graphic design studio based in Islington, London, that specialises in working with the charity and not-for-profit sector. With an ethical outlook and a creative edge, we provide strategic brand, print and website design consultancy services to a range of clients; including the WWF, Macmillan, Cancer Research UK, and St Mungo’s.
We are very busy and so are looking for a junior designer to join our small, and growing, team. This position is initially for a six month contract, but with the potential to become full time should the work level accomodate. The role is varied and hands on; you’ll be responsible for working solo on projects as well as within a team, taking projects through from initial briefing to final artwork delivery.
Skills, experience and responsibilities
- Around 1 – 2 years experience
- Excellent all round design skills
- Some experience with project management would be desirable
- Experience across print, web design and branding
- Experience of questioning and developing design briefs
- Strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of best practice for print and digital touchpoints
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience working (in an administrative capacity) with WordPress
- Ability to create accurate, print-ready artwork
- Good communication (both spoken and written) and organisational skills
- Ability to work on alone and within a team, depending on the size of the project
- The ability to effectively manage more than one design brief at a time and meet multiple short deadlines
- Desire to be a key player in a small team
- Have a positive attitude and an ability to have fun
About Ave Design
Collaborating only with the organisations we love, we work hard to push, evolve and reshape our clients’ brand identities and communications with our holistic, bespoke approach. Our work combines beautifully crafted graphic design with strategic, targeted messaging, in a way that delivers real, measurable results. Our clients span the charity and not-for-profit sector and all are doing great things. We work with each to help expand their reach with tailored, meaningful and relevant brand communications. Our team brings together experienced specialists in a variety of fields to provide services such as branding, logo design, print and digital marketing materials, as well as websites. We also integrate social media and marketing campaigns, copywriting and photography, too. We love what we do, because we passionately believe that great design can bring positive change.
How to apply
Please send your salary expectation, CV and covering letter to by email by 28th February 2019. In addition please send a portfolio of your five best pieces of work that demonstrate your creative ability.