Designer Ave DesignLondon, England, GB
We are Ave Design – a specialist brand and design studio working with charities and not for profits, based in the heart of Islington, London. With an ethical outlook and a creative edge, we provide strategic brand and design consultancy services to a client base that spans a variety of small and large scale charity organisations. Our projects vary from large year long undertakings right down to one or two hour jobs. The scope is always varied, from undertaking full rebrands to creating animations and websites.
We are very busy, and so are looking for a middleweight designer to join our team. The role is varied and hands on; you’ll be responsible for working on a variety of projects at the same time; working solo on some as well as working within a larger team on others, taking projects through from initial briefing to final artwork delivery. As a middleweight, we would expect you to be equally experienced in design for web as you are in design for print; this would include producing concepts in XD as well as templating websites and preparing developer handovers. Illustration ability would be useful, but not compulsory.
This role will involve working remotely whilst the Covid pandemic restrictions are in place and then will be office based, in central London.
Salary expectations around £28-32k depending on experience. The initial contract is for six months, with the view to a permanent extension should this probation period be successful.
Short listed applicants will be invited to undertake a paid remote trial day/project.
Skills, experience and responsibilities
- Around 2-4 years experience
- Excellent all round design skills, with proven experience in brand, design for print and website design
- Experience with preparing website handovers for developers would be advantageous but not compulsory
- Experience of questioning and developing design briefs
- Strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of best practice for print and digital touchpoints, especially accessible design
- Excellent knowledge of Creative Cloud programmes, with XD being highly desirable
- Experience working (in an administrative/back end capacity) with WordPress
- Ability to create accurate, print-ready artwork
- Good communication (both spoken and written) and organisational skills
- Ability to work solo and within a team depending on the size of the project
- The ability to effectively manage more than one design brief at a time and meet multiple short deadlines
- Desire to be a key player in a small team
- Have a positive attitude and an ability to have fun
About Ave Design
With an ethical outlook and creative edge, we offer strategic, intelligent design and brand consultancy without the big studio price tag. Founded in 2013, Ave has one simple vision – to produce beautiful and effective design for great organisations and causes.
Ave is an independent, ideas-led studio that works solely with charities, not-for-profit organisations and the public sector to ensure these organisations communicate with their audiences effectively. Collaborating with organisations we love and believe in, we work hard to really get to know our clients so we can push, evolve and reshape their brand identities and communications with our holistic approach. Our extensive experience in the charity and not-for-profit sector means we have invaluable understanding and insight into the unique set of branding and design challenges such organisations can face.
As an integrated studio, we offer a breadth of services. We bring together a trusted network of highly experienced creatives and technical specialists to solve problems and meet objectives across projects spanning all visual touch-points. This bespoke approach ensures a high-quality product that looks great and is tailored to create real, tangible results.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to contact mail by 12th March 2021. In addition please send a portfolio of your five best pieces of work that demonstrate your creative ability in brand, website design and design for print.