Designer BarkNew York City, New York, US
Bark is are looking for an NYC-based (or willing to BE based) dog-obsessed, Senior Designer to work on multiple brands including BarkBox, Super Chewer and our retail lines.
Here are some attributes that will make you successful in the role:
- 5-6 years design experience. We’re looking for the right fit, not the right amount of years. BS/BA in graphic design or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of print design including production, manufacturing processes, file formats, and best practices.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite, AI, PS and ID specifically.
- You like being part of a team and are happy and willing to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong portfolio that showcases a love of illustration and typography.
- Strong time management and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience designing for consumer goods/products.
- Be motivated, self-sufficient and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience working on Photoshoots. Casting, Art directing, etc.
- Some experience managing junior designers or interest in management opportunities.
- Licensing design experience.
- Packaging experience a huge plus but not a deal breaker!
- Conceptualize, design, and execute print collateral and packaging for retail and subscription business lines.
- Deliver strategically informed design solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to help develop strategies for current and future products.
- Quickly concept and generate ideas for presentations as well as team meetings/reviews.
- Work with vendors to throughout the manufacturing process.
- Work cross-functionally with Toy Design, Merchandising, Marketing, and Project Management.
- Jump across brands and business lines as needed to pitch in.
- Juggle multiple projects and deadlines, prioritizing as needed.
- Bring new and exciting ideas to the table to elevate and expand our brands.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.