Designer BluecadetPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Bluecadet is seeking a visual designer to execute visual direction for a wide range of digital and spatial projects. The candidate should be ready for hands-on work at every stage of our project’s lifecycle, from brainstorming original concepts with the project team to crafting design systems and leading client presentations.
Bluecadet is a seriously collaborative work environment. Visual designers need to collaborate across disciplines on a daily basis, from creative technology to content development, all while maintaining high standards for original concepts and detailed execution. This is an opportunity to define and reinvent the digital space, and a passion for doing just that is critical.
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals
- Expert knowledge of essential design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Proficiency in After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya and/or 3ds Max a plus
- Knowledge and interest in digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences
- 1-3 years of visual design experience in an agency environment
- An outstanding portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional understanding of typography, color, composition and UI
- Experienced in collaborating across design, motion, architectural and technical disciplines
- Experience with concepting, planning and documentation of graphic design projects in the context of the built environment, including experience coordinating with spatial designers, fabricators or graphic producers.
- A great attitude and a lack of ego
- Highly organized and able to work on multiple projects
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to design direction and working with input from our creative directors
- Successfully execute all forms of design
- Use feedback as a way to improve and iterate and have conversations around your work
- Present and discuss your work in a constructive and clear way
- Create high-quality project deliverables
- Support Art Directors and CD’s in the design and presentation of transformative experiences
- Adhere to timelines and manage priorities to meet milestones and deadlines
- Demonstrates mastery of typography, layout, and UI design
- Collaborates with developers on implementation: Ensures everything is pixel perfect, and that transitions, mouseovers, hit states and any coded animation is considered and implemented
- Incorporates all internal and client feedback into design work.
- Stays up to date on emerging technologies/industry trends that improve product development and end-user experience. Shares knowledge and applies that knowledge to projects.
- Collaborates with the designers, producers, content devs, and devs on their team to deliver a successful project that meets internal and client goals.
- Integrate messaging, color, imagery, type, media and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and encourage work/life harmony.
Bluecadet is an Emmy-winning experience design studio that collaborates with the world’s leading cultural organizations to craft products and spaces that entertain, educate, and inspire. We leverage design and technology to help our clients tell their stories and engage their audiences with powerful experiences that build empathy and encourage engagement.