Designer BusuuLondon, England, GB
At Busuu, we believe amazing things happen when we learn together. This belief has led us to develop the world´s largest language learning community with over 100m users from 190 countries, growing at up to 30,000 new users per day. Our product offers the best way to learn a language, with community interaction, live tutors and courses created by experts, all powered by smart learning technology.
Our purpose as employees at Busuu is to inspire the world to learn together.
We are looking for a Mid-weight Creative Designer to collaborate with our expanding marketing team working on campaigns across digital, social and brand media channels. You will be responsible for developing new and innovative concepts and designs that increase brand engagement and conversion metrics, ultimately improving the efficiency of our marketing.
At Busuu you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of our creative and design across performance marketing, CRM and brand-led channels such as TV, radio, broadcast VOD, social media and display. Developing concepts that answer marketing briefs, you will work closely with marketing managers, designers, copywriters, engineers and education experts. You will also help develop our growing design team in an exciting and thriving EdTech industry. Most importantly, you will positively impact the lives of millions of people – inspiring them to learn together with Busuu.
What you will be doing
You will bring new and inspiring ideas and passion for design, developing creative ideas for campaigns that help promote our brand and engage our audience.
- You will develop creative concepts and designs that solve marketing briefs
- Work with the Marketing team on the day to day design tasks, projects and campaigns
- Help drive consistency of brand experience across marketing and product by inputting to cross-team design and creative sharing sessions
- Help to keep the consistency of our branded output by sourcing online imagery or creating illustrations suitable for the needs of our marketing communications & campaigns
- Work across digital channels including performance marketing, CRM and brand-led channels such as TV, radio, broadcast VOD, social media, ASO and display.
- Work in close coordination with the marketing & design teams to take on briefs and work closely with stakeholders to develop initial concepts and final delivery
- Artwork final designs, localise and roll out marketing design assets
- Create simple animations for the animated banners, gifs, social etc
- Create physical marketing merchandise & materials for events & other team activities when needed
- Support other teams (i.e. B2B, Education) with marketing design materials when needed
What you will bring to the table
- 3+ years experience in designing for marketing, advertising or branding
- Task orientated, ability to pick up tasks/projects and work with key stakeholders to deliver
- The ability to collaborate with other team members, taking part in and leading creative workshops
- Experience using Jira or another scrum-based ticketing system to manage workflow
- An awareness of the nuances of approach needed for different marketing channels and platforms
- Design experience working on marketing related projects/designs
- Motion design experience working on vector animations and video creation for marketing related communications
- Confidence to explore new creative approaches to our projects and challenge us
- A genuine passion for marketing and understanding of how to drive the best response for our creative approaches
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for language education and digital learning
- Understanding of the need to localise designs to suit varying market needs
- An understanding of the importance of A/B testing and tweaking designs to drive marketing response
Being a part of Busuu - How do things work:
We are acutely aware that we are in unprecedented times and like all companies we need to adapt to this in order to safeguard our Busuu community. In order to do this we are constantly reviewing the government guidelines and adapting accordingly to accommodate the physical and mental wellbeing of our employees. In the current global climate, some of our team events are virtual and some of our benefits have been amended.
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- We have an amazing office which is available for you to work from if you would like to do so, this is completely optional at the moment in the current environment. If you would like to be in the office we have put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person
- The office is well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Social interaction is really important to us so we have lots of remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials, online weekly quiz, etc
- Their is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting
- We have a subscription with Perkbox which has great additional benefits for you to choose from
- To keep you active and help your mindfulness we offer weekly virtual yoga sessions
- Busuu offers a great private health insurance scheme
- You can also join our company pension with contributions from Busuu
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance so we offer flexible working hours
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for Creative Designer is the following steps:
CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role A video call - Technical call with the hiring managers Design test - We will send you a technical test to complete in your time Culture fit interview
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.