Designer ChefStepsSeattle, Washington, US
[ Marketing Designer ]
Do your creative juices especially flow for all things marketing? Do you enjoy thinking through big-picture strategy, then turning around and diving into detail-oriented execution? If design work that brings brand and consumer products to life is your thing; if you love developing well-rounded marketing approaches and creative concepts that push the envelope; and if you appreciate the chance to partner and collaborate with teams like photography, product, and marketing, this could be the role for you.
What you'll do
- Help evolve and push the Joule brand to explore new concepts and reach new audiences
- Brainstorm and strategize around brand building, visual cohesion, and creative explorations
- Collaborate on concepts and development of thematic seasonal and event-triggered marketing campaigns from the ground up
- Conceptualize and write briefs for the creative team, and assist in directing thematic photo shoots to execute on brand building and campaigns
- Design all types of marketing materials, including advertising for digital display, social media, email, in-store display, and print
- Design and build web pages and site elements to support marketing initiatives
- Work with product, marketing, and data teams to come up with ideas for, and execute, new page designs and site elements that can improve KPIs and increase sales
- Test pages to improve user experience and conversion rates on landing pages—you’ll propose ideas, set up tests (A/B, user tests, etc.), measure impact, and share results broadly
- Work on other design-related projects as time allows: interior design, signage, branding, and everything in between!
What will help you be more successful
- You have been creating delightful, meaningful advertising/branding/marketing creative for at least 5 years
- Well-rounded UX skills with a clear history of shipping cohesive products
- A collaborative, empathetic, and iterative design process with an emphasis on end users and problem-solving for poor or underserved markets
- Experience working with researchers and data scientists to set up, optimize, and analyze experiments
- Visual design skills that demonstrate expertise in brand identity, typography, and color theory
- Experience building interactive prototypes
- Deep knowledge of designing ecosystems, rather than one-off solutions
- A demonstrated understanding of the areas that design supports—namely, sales and product management
- Ability to turn projects into products, demonstrating ownership of the process from start to finish—including planning product features and determining when to ship
- Humility, intelligence, efficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with whiteboarding, sketching, and iterating
- Product management experience
- Usability or UX research skills
In return, please enjoy
- Full health coverage, plus vision and dental insurance
- Competitive pay, annual salary adjustments, 401(k) plan, and ownership in the form of shares and/or options
- Self-determined leave—you schedule your own vacation and sick days, coordinating directly with your teammates
- Enriching work environment: Whether you want to master chocolate soufflé, score pro photography tips, develop new math skills, or learn to pilot a glider, your ChefSteps teammates can help you learn. We hire fascinating people from many different backgrounds—Michelin-star chefs, award-winning animators and designers, top engineers, and globe-trotting journalists. If you come to work looking to get smarter, you’ve come to the right place.
- So much free food—snacks to fuel you, dishes crafted by ridiculously talented chefs to feed your very soul. Seriously, it’s like working in a secret Seattle restaurant that also happens to be the best one.
- Great location. First: We work in downtown Seattle, which, wow. This city is amazing. Second, we are right in the heart of Pike Place Market, which means drinking, eating, and grocery shopping in a world-class food destination mere steps from your desk. What, pray tell, could be better than that?
We believe a diverse team creates better products and a more rewarding work culture, and this belief centers our hiring process. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. To learn more about our company culture, please see our About page.
Who we are
Born of a love of cooking, ChefSteps is a cooking company that builds products that help people cook more, have more fun cooking, and get incredible results every time. In 2016 we launched Joule, the smartest, smallest, and most powerful sous vide tool on the market. Controlled by a smartphone or tablet (plus Amazon Alexa and Facebook Messenger), Joule has been used to cook more than 5 million meals—and counting—and is sold at major retailers such as Amazon.com, Sur La Table, Costco, and ChefSteps.com. We are currently hard at work on new products and services that will be at the heart of the kitchen of the future.