Designer ConkeredStirling, Scotland, GB
Applications Close: 25 January 2021
Who we are
Conkered is a design studio based in Stirling, Scotland. We help our clients build and develop their brands using the full spectrum of creative solutions. As a small team we have gained a deep understanding of all our clients.
Creativity has always been at the heart of Conkered. We have built our reputation by providing solutions for clients that demonstrate our understanding of the problem, and are often elegantly simple. We can only achieve this through the collective knowledge of our team and specialist partners.
Our Personality and Service are the elements that make us standout, it’s how we retain clients and grow our relationships with our partners; both clients and supplierslove to work with us.
As a full-time Senior Designer you would be working alongside Conkered’s founder and the rest of the team. You would primarily be supporting one of our key corporate clients, a renowned global bank with a highly respected brand.
As a key member of the team, supporting the Creative Director of our client to maintain this historic brand and develop their design will be pivotal. You will have the support and guidance of our in-house Creative Lead as well as working with the rest of the Conkered team to realise the full creative potential of this client’s projects.
The bank is a well established brand so you will need to be just as comfortable working within guidelines as you are at developing new design ideas. A flexible and open mindset is essential if you are to meet the demands of the bank’s commercial operating environment. Your experience and creative thinking will demonstrate that you are an exceptional designer to the rest of the team and most importantly to our client.
Lead projects and support design tasks across all stages.
Collaborate with the team and oversee design work, offering guidance and critical feedback to inspire them, and ensure the work is appropriate for the client’s brand.
Work with directors to ensure projects are of the highest quality and delivered on time. Be part of daily communications with the client and work directly with their team members.
Create high quality presentations for internal and external use.
Travel to client events and their offices, wherever they may be.
Key skills and qualifications
- Formal education/training in a specific design discipline or other relevant experience.
- Proven design discipline skills and demonstrable competencies.
- Passionate about design with a broad understanding of the design world.
- Comprehensive experience, most likely five years or more.
- A high quality portfolio of work that demonstrates the breadth of your skills and design thinking. A mix of digital and print projects from concept to delivery. Any relevant experience from the finance sector should be included.
- Breadth of knowledge and high skill level across industry software tools - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch and Zeplin. Advantageous to have additional skills in coding languages and prototyping tools.
- People skills: confident and personable when communicating with clients and team members, comfortable working as a team with internal and external people.
- A quality presenter: great communicator with confident presentation skills. Able to build a quality presentation present it, in-person or online.
- An eye for the detail but with the ability to see the big picture too.
- Able to adapt and prepared to work on anything.
- Excellent at planning and managing your time effectively.
- Fast, organised and a master of your craft - you are a great designer.
- You are a passionate, self-motivated creative with a curious mind and dedication to your craft.
How to apply
Please send the following to contact mail address:
An up to date CV Portfolio – include any additional experience that is relevant to this position A brief letter - tell us why you are the right person for this? And the salary you would expect for your level of experience.
The next stage
We will get in touch with successful candidates to organise a call to discuss the position and answer any queries you may have.
Please read this posting carefully and avoid just sending your portfolio to us. We do not accept calls regarding any advertised positions.