Designer CuvvaLondon, England, GB
We’re making insurance radically better. How? By building insurance that’s fair and flexible.
Insurance is completely broken. It’s outdated, complicated, rigid – and we get it, insurance (as you know it) doesn’t sound very exciting. But we’re doing things differently. Using pretty cool technology, we’re making insurance that’s fit for the 21st century, building products that actually solve problems.
We were the first company in the UK to sell hourly car insurance via an app. And we’re the only insurance provider that provides in-app customer support with an average one-minute response time. We’ve sold millions of policies and supported over 400,000 customers. We’re a strong, talented team of 100+ and growing.
Why work for Cuvva?
We don’t cut corners. We strive to do the right thing, even when that makes life more difficult for us.
We’ve nurtured an awesome team culture. We always speak up when we have an idea - but also know when to let go and get behind something else.
And we’re comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback, and trying new ways of doing things.
We’re building a diverse team from different backgrounds, outlooks and experiences. Everyone is given a fair chance of getting a role at Cuvva. Even if you secretly don’t love insurance, trust us, you’ll love what we’re building.
And if you need any adjustments or support when you’re applying at Cuvva, no worries. Just let us know.
About the role
You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, researchers and engineers to design delightful in-app user experiences that deliver clear and simple content. You’ll be working on new features, helping to define the positioning, as well as reviewing and iterating on existing content.
You’ll bring with you a framework for what good content design looks like, and be able to apply it to how things work at Cuvva. You’ll be helping us embed content design processes from ideation through to the finished product and beyond. And you’ll be an evangelist for content design - able to confidently communicate the principles and benefits.
You’ll work with the research team to test your work regularly, and sometimes carry out your own sessions. And you’ll use data to help make decisions - you’ll need to know how to test your content to make sure you’re always speaking the language of our users. The problems you will be solving will be platform-agnostic across iOS, Android and web as we work towards keeping the product fluid no matter the journey or use case.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be
- Designing, writing and prototyping great user-focused experiences
- Writing incredible copy that maintains a consistent tone of voice
- Creating clear user journeys
- Simplifying complex propositions to make them compelling, clear and easy-to-understand
- Mapping user stories, maintaining high quality content and reviewing the work of others
- Testing content across platforms, and carrying out user testing sessions.
- Helping to integrate content design into the wider company, putting processes and documentation into place
- Have experience creating easy-to-understand content for mobile (we don’t specify years of experience as we know longer doesn’t always mean better)
- Can demonstrate strong UX writing principles with proven success
- Can comfortably work in cross-discipline team, significantly contributing to the final product
- Are able to write content that simplifies complex concepts (like insurance or finance)
- Are confident using evidence, data and research to inform writing approaches
- Have experience carrying out user testing sessions
- Can visually communicate ideas using wireframes
- Always champion the needs of the user, whilst keeping business and product needs in mind
- Think independently and critically, recognising ways to improve and get the best results
It’s a bonus if you
- Are familiar with Figma (our design tool of choice)
- Have experience embedding processes and documentation to support the content design team
- Brand new MacBook
- 33 days holiday (inc public holidays)
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing, personal development and work from home budgets
- Yearly increases to budgets and holiday allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- One-to-one sessions with our Sanctus mental health coaches, giving you a safe space to talk
- Access to Lifeworks - our mental health tool and employee assistance programme
- Mates rates on your car insurance
- Salary sacrifice schemes for electric bike hire and electric car lease
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- A volunteer day
- Great coffee machine in the office
- Fully stocked beer and soft drink fridge (we do team drinks every Thursday)
- Monthly team outings or remote events (so far we’ve done things like karaoke, go-karting, bowling and comedy nights)
A new kind of insurance
We started with a problem: nobody was offering short-term car insurance by the hour.
But we soon realised insurance isn't just lacking. It's completely broken. It's built on layers of middlemen and outdated systems. So Cuvva turned from a simple idea into a full-blown mission: to offer insurance the way it should be.
We think insurance should be fast, flexible and clear. So we've cut out the middlemen, ditched the jargon and put our heart and soul into customer support.