Designer elhoTilburg, North Brabant, NL
Do you want to be responsible for our process from sketch to production and do you want your designs to have a large reach? elho is searching for a senior product designer (24-32 hrs) with a great passion for design and innovation. Enjoy us on our journey to bring more green in our daily lives in line with our purpose!
Nature starts with plants, and a plant begins with a pot. And that pot? We take that pot very seriously. Our Dutch designers create the most beautiful pots in line with the latest colour and design trends. They are constantly looking for new possibilities and smart solutions, so you can surround yourself with nature with as little effort as possible. We are proud to be a leader in the synthetic pottery market with more than 55 years of experience that makes you and nature happy.
What can you expect?
- you bring in new ideas in conjunction with the strategic annual roadmap for the three labels of the elho group;
- translate briefings into products which fit the brand and the production process
- able to manage an entire design process from design concept to executive design
- as functional and technical designer, in time you will be in charge of overseeing all technical aspects and details of all projects
- end responsible for the product design and all related information for right development
- provide technical drawings for mold flow analyses and strength calculations > implement results into design
- provide relevant information to the marketing department for right execution
- provide relevant information to buyers or make initial steps towards outsourcing (parts, materials, …)
- create prototype and samples of our designs (quotes, order, storage and invoices)
- keep the product library up to date and the working documents well maintained
- working closely with our head of innovation and
- design, other designers, technical centre and product managers
What do you bring on this adventure?
- HBO or university degree in industrial design or equivalent, or functioning at the same level through experience
- extensive, successful experience (minimum five years) in a similar position with a professional organization
- you have extensive knowledge in plastic design, development and production
- you have knowledge of working with the SolidWorks design program
- senior experience in mass production and technical design
- able to incorporate consumers and market input into design process
- willing to travel for fairs and shows
- excellent command of the Dutch and English language (in word and writing)
- you are creative and continuously keeping an eye on design trends, you have a technical eye and you are innovative. You are also a team player who can also work independently
- you recognize yourself in the elho values: always forward, beauty, entrepreneurship, meaningful, cooperative and supportive
What do we offer?
- a varied, part-time (24-32 hrs) job within an enthusiastic innovation and design team within an international environment;
- you work for the elho group with multiple labels. You will be given the freedom and opportunity to make your mark on the further development of elho’s culture and growth
- a competitive salary, 26 vacation days (based on fulltime), holiday pay, pension and a discount on your medical expenses and our beautiful products
- in addition, the possibility to exchange a working day to get started for a good cause
- working for the most sustainable company in the synthetic pottery category. And we are proud of that! A large part of our collection is already made from recycled material and our production runs on wind energy from our own wind turbine
- a delicious fresh lunch every day in our modern, green inspiring office in Tilburg. The honey from our bees is delicious and enjoy the herbs you can pick from our breeding tables!
elho group is a family business with over 55 years of experience in the development, production, marketing and sales of plastic pottery and related articles. By constantly improving ourselves and our products, we have become the market leader in Europe and a major player in the world.
Our products are sold under different labels in more than 75 countries. We strive to surprise the consumer time and again with cheerful, functional and creative products that continue to inspire and make the house or garden even more cozy. Our goal is to help people connect with nature with beautiful, practical and innovative products, so that everyone can bring nature in their daily lives. We want to be the best in the world. elho products therefore consist of more than 80% recycled material and we use 100% wind energy from our own wind turbine.
With a passionate team of more than 200 colleagues, we are working on further growth in a very open culture. Our culture builds on a pronounced purpose; “Bring today’s nature into people’s daily lives”. Strong cultural values support this purpose internally. A high level of performance goes hand in hand with creating a pleasant working environment and a successful future.