Designer HandshakeSan Francisco, California, US
Our mission is to democratize opportunity - to make it easy for any student to build a great career, no matter where they go to school, what they're majoring in, or who they know.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds.
We are a family of challenge seekers, critical thinkers, tenacious yet humble do-ers that thrive on mowing down barriers in our industry. If you’re interested in breaking the mold, making an immediate impact, and creating innovative ways to connect our key customers and end users, this is the place for you.
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Senior Product Designer, Consumer
Our mission is to democratize opportunity for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have an equal opportunity to build a meaningful career regardless of where they go to school, what they major in, or who they know. The Handshake community includes 14 million students and young alumni at more than 700 universities. We connect talent from across all 50 states with over 300,000 employers recruiting on Handshake - from every Fortune 500 company to thousands of local mom and pop shops, nonprofits, startups, and more.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups strongly encouraged to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
Design at Handshake
We’re designing the future of career discovery and recruiting for students; from their initial school acceptance letters to their first job offers, we’re committed to understanding and supporting each student as they navigate one of life’s most complex journeys.
Our design team is growing and we cover a lot of ground. We collaborate with every team across Handshake—from product management to engineering; from sales to support—because incorporating insights from across the business leads to better design outcomes. Creativity thrives in diverse environments, and we’re committed to growing a design team that reflects the diversity of students we serve and support.
Handshake is hiring a Lead Product Designer reporting directly to Handshake’s head of design on our growing student product team. This role will require you to span from strategy to surface, bringing your talent for blending beautiful visual design and seamless user experiences to Handshake’s student facing products.
- Work from concept to delivery to inform product strategy and shape students’ career discovery experience.
- Partner with product, research, and engineering to ensure projects are well defined, high impact, and successfully executed.
- Develop and improve a shared product design language across all student surfaces reflective of our brand.
- Up level the entire team through commitment to growth and mentorship
- Demonstrated experience leading design on consumer products across web and mobile.
- Familiarity with human centered/user centered design methodology and techniques
- Experience experience working with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- A collaborative, no ego, approach to working with others
- A portfolio of impeccably executed consumer product design
- University degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Centered Design, Sociology, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- ...and much more!
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.