Designer InstagramSan Francisco, California, US
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for someone to join our Design Team as a Designer. You will be joining a team that supports Instagram's growing portfolio of products and features. This team is responsible for creating motion ideation around content creation tools in 2D and 3D.
This person will be responsible for contributing to the overall design process through concept, design development, and delivery of compelling visuals that will resonate with an external global audience. This person is an expert in their craft and is highly skilled in working with a team of visual artists to deliver great work. They should have the ability to adapt to various creative styles and mediums.
- Sketch, ideate, and generate new effect concepts
- Work with the creative team to define the art vision for the project which meets aesthetic and technical goals
- Generate quick sketches, speed-paints and paint-over’s
- Create high-quality, original concepts which help determine the mood and style of the effect as a whole
- Work collaboratively under the guidance and direction of an art lead/director to visualize and iterate on concepts and elements
- Create detailed illustrative renditions of characters, scenes, and visual effects to read well on mobile devices for 2D/3D artists and animators to implement into working models
- Provide quick, thumbnail concept for exploration as needed
- Create presentation materials to share concepts broadly
- Create detailed style frames for artists to work from
- Work within different stylistic boundaries set by the Lead Artist
- 3+ years of design experience
- Traditional art experience with atmospheric, perspective, color, and lighting
- Experience in using Photoshop or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques
- Experience working in different styles and aesthetics
- Experience in communicating an artistic vision
- 3D knowledge with Maya or other 3D modeling software