Designer Intuitive SurgicalSunnyvale, California, US
Senior Visual Designer
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Intuitive is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than five million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls. Over the past two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about anew era in minimally invasive surgery.
Intuitive is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join the design team.
Primary Function of Position:
The Sr. Visual Designer is responsible for working with the design and engineering teams to define a consistent and high quality user experience for the Intuitive product line, including robotic systems, instruments and accessories. Their primary focus is to ensure that new Intuitive products are highly usable by defining a clear visual language for both graphical user interface and physical interface elements. This includes development of user interfaces from early product definition and development phases through product launch, as well as participating in the validation of product usability through informal and formal testing with representative users.
The Sr. Visual Designer is a flexible and dynamic professional who strives for innovative and elegant solutions in all his or her endeavors. The ideal candidate is passionate about aesthetics and typography, with experience designing end to end user interfaces for a wide range of products and services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design world class on brand user interfaces and maintain superior design standards and methods from brainstorming to implementation
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the problems being solved by working with interaction designers, product managers and the engineering team
- Participate in user research and usability testing with Intuitive Surgical products
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working as a designer (in-house, agency, or freelance)
- Expertise in interface design tools like Sketch or Figma
- Expertise in prototyping tools like Protopie or Principle