Designer KlarnaStockholm, SE
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking for talented Product Designers to help design the future of online purchasing, both in Stockholm and Berlin.
What you will do
Your work will mostly revolve around the design of the next generation of the post purchase experience on the web and on the mobile app that our users have with our products - a touchpoint that has quickly become one of the most important ways in which we communicate with our consumers.
You will work closely with a team of talented designers, engineers and product managers while engaging internal stakeholders and customers to define a long-term strategy. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to translate high-level strategy into great designs.
What you will do
- Sketch out rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas.
- Iterate on these ideas and build clickable prototypes that can be used for internal reviews and user tests
- Conduct user tests in the market the product will be used to get input and iterate on the designs and concepts you and the team work on
- Develop the final look and feel of these products
- Work closely with engineers throughout the implementation stage to ensure a high level of quality in the final product
- Work together with the design team to build a consistent UI and experience across the whole customer journey
- Help shape the design culture at Klarna that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our products and services
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- strong understanding of interaction design, visual design and user experience (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Experience designing high quality interfaces and experiences
- The ability to articulate and explain your ideas to other designers, engineers and project managers
- Able to produce visual mockups using Sketch or similar tools
- Familiar with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer or Flinto
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Passionate about motion design and transitions
- Exceptional English skills in written and oral communication
- Experience working in e-commerce
- The desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work
How to apply
Send over a CV & Portfolio in English.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Note: A portfolio is an essential element of the application for a Design role at Klarna. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.