Designer MarshmallowLondon, England, GB
We’re building a digital insurer which is affordable, instant and inclusive.
We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We’re trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we’ve got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are valued at over $300m and have raised $35m to date! We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for in 2021, check out the article here.
We are a team of over 80, have millions of customers, a 4.5* Trustpilot and are championed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify.
As our first content hire, you'll be instrumental in crafting how we communicate our mission, vision, and values through a range of media. You’ll have the unique opportunity of single-handedly building the guidance around Marshmallow’s tone of voice. We want to be the first insurance company that speaks like a human, with no jargon in sight, and you’ll help us make that happen.
You will be working closely with our Design Manager, Senior Product Manager, and Design Lead, as well as enabling and sharing knowledge with the wider company.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
What you will do in your first 12 months at Marshmallow
- Write product content for journeys across mobile and web interfaces, as well as the surrounding touchpoints, FAQs, emails with customers, training material, etc.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, researchers and engineers to serve our growing customer base
- Set the standards of Marshmallow's tone of voice, guiding other people within the company to keep it consistent
- Identify how to scale content across our different product areas
Who you are
- You love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and editing
- You champion evidence-based content — with strong skills in both discovery research and usability testing
- You’re able to guide your team on how content contributes to the user experience, as well as educate on the role of content in a product team
- As a minimum, you live our values: you move fast, are selfless, take ownership and are open and honest
- You enjoy problem-solving and creating innovative solutions
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership over their work
- You don’t hesitate to make quick decisions
- You give and receive feedback in a way that encourages more feedback
Experience that is essential
- 3-5 years experience as a UX writer or content designer, ideally with some experience writing for tech product
- Start-up experience is a big plus
- Please include a link to samples of your work that show a breadth of experience across a range of content types
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 33 day holiday allowance (including bank holidays)
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and training
- Budget to help you set up working from home
- Our process consists of an initial phone screening, a conversation with our Design Manager, a presentation and task, followed by a final interview with one of our co-CEOs.
- Due to Covid we are currently working from home. From September, we will have an office space in Farringdon but how we use this will be driven by the guidance and advice at the time.
- We will let you know if we are going to invite you to interview or not. However, we are a small team so cannot provide feedback on your application.