Designer MathspaceSydney, New South Wales, AU
Mathspace is global technology leader in personalised maths education with a beautiful UI! Our mission is simple - to bring technology into classrooms, and have more students receiving higher quality, and more engaging mathematical education than ever before.
Our Design Team:
The Mathspace Design team crafts delightful experiences for the world’s smartest maths app. Although we are confident that our content is the best, we need to more to ensure our users love our UI. We are a friendly, collaborative bunch, guided by design thinking and a lean UX mindset.
Combining empathy, data, and UI design, we tackle fundamental problems that help thousands of students around the world to learn and love mathematics more everyday.
More about this role:
We have a bunch of exciting projects in the pipeline, and we are seeking a driven UI Designer to lead the UI direction for these projects.
Your role will be instrumental in giving Mathspace a unique voice and guiding the development of the product. You will have the unique opportunity to be part of a young company that is crafting large-scale solutions for teaching and learning Maths.
This role will give you the opportunity to engage with different projects including UI, UX, and Visual Design, to build the most delightful experiences.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar, Design focused role, and ideally a Bachelor's Degree in Design, or a related discipline.
- You love making things beautiful – you understand colour composition, space and can balance creativity and consistency.
- You are able to use design thinking to implement empathy in your design.
- You will take big ideas and turn them into features that will benefit our Global student and teacher users.
- You'll have the opportunity to contribute to building on our Design Language System.
- Give feedback to developers, designers and everyone in the product team to raise the bar for our product quality.
- You should be comfortable constructing your own iconography.
We believe that the unique contributions of our team is the driver of our success at Mathspace. To make sure that our products and company culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Industry-leading base salary, plus superannuation (pension) contributions.
- The chance to use technology to transform and promote Mathematics education, to a huge global audience.
- We're are highly committed to work-life balance and flexibility. So long as your work is done, you can choose your own hours.
- 10 days fully remote working per year. Always fancied that trip around South America but don't have the vacation days? You can use these two weeks to work from anywhere with wifi.
- Our standard equipment is a MacBook Pro, but you are welcome to bring your own device and receive $1500 reimbursement if you prefer.
- Host and attend weekly tech talks where team members take turns to share their specialist knowledge.
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community.
- We will offer you 2.5 paid days per year to volunteer with the charity of their choice.