Designer Michaelis BoydNew York City, New York, US
Michaelis Boyd is looking for a designer with two to three years’ experience to join its practice in New York, USA.
We are an architectural and interior design led practice that works on a wide range of exciting residential and commercial projects in the US, UK and across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. We are involved in all aspects of design, big or small; including unique architectural schemes, inspiring interiors through to custom furniture and lighting.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, and experience of completing complex interior design projects. This role will be focussed on interiors but will also have exposure to some architectural elements.
We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
- produce schedules and/or FF&E control books, specifying the fabric, loose furniture, decorative lighting, rugs/carpets, finishes, soft furnishings and accessories/artwork
- liaise with appointed purchasing agent for enquiries/installation of FF&E items
- produce a soft furnishing packages for tender
- work closely with clients, guiding them through presentations and signing off the designs
- creation of spreadsheets illustrating costs, ensuring the design is in line with clients’ budgets
- must have experience around FF&E and control books
- proven client management skills
- must be able to work independently
- fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and a CAD drawing package, preferably Vectorworks, Rhino and/or SketchUp
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
Michaelis Boyd is an equal opportunities employer. We offer a competitive benefits package, salary is dependent on experience. Please only apply if you have right to work in the US, as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship. If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio.