Designer MykitaBerlin, DE
We are looking for a creative design talent to complement our Corporate Design Team (Global Brand Division) at the Mikita Haus in Berlin. This influential role as Corporate Designer is key in shaping the brand's visual identity. The ideal candidate brings expertise and experience in the development and production of cross-media design and communication concepts. In addition to developing, art directing and producing visual campaigns for print, digital, social and film, the main responsibility lies in retail design for the MYKITA Shops. This includes the implementation of our campaigns into the shops, the handling of all retail/POS needs and in-store communication, alongside the necessary project coordination and monitoring with the respective internal and external parties.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Development, production and maintenance of design assets for our Mikita Shops
- Concept creation,design and production of campaigns, POS and marketing tools
- Coordination and monitoring of projects in cooperation with various parties
- Further development of Shop equipment and corporate design
- Management of photoshoots
- Briefing and supervision of freelancers, including photographers and retouchers
Required profile and qualifications
- Design degree preferably with focus on communication design or vocational training
- Professional handling of Adobe Creative Suite
- Significant experience in SketchUp, Auto CAD-3 a.o.
- Pronounced understanding of typography
- Fluent in English & German – spoken & written
- Structured and independent working approach
- Quick to grasp tasks coupled with high flexibility and commitment
- Highly creative team player
- Minimum four years of relevant experience is required
- International working atmosphere
- Headquarter in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Friendly and open-minded team communication
- Flexible working hours
Mikita takes an independent approach to eyewear design and production, bringing together all departments under one roof to form the Modern Manufactory. At the Mikita Haus in Berlin, the team guides the product through every stage, from conception to the shop floor.
The driving force at the modern manufactory is the collective impulse to consistently challenge the status quo. Mikita strives to set new standards in design and manufacturing with purposeful products that combine handcraft and high technology.
The unmistakeable Mikita aesthetic demonstrates integrity towards materials and construction, as well as the individual artistry of the craftsmen. The close relationship between design, research & development and production cultivates a commitment to quality and a spirit of innovation that is apparent in the eyewear collections.
Headed by founder Moritz Krueger, Mikitais committed to a course at once enterprising and authentic. In addition to its own shops in cities across the globe, including Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Tokyo, Mikita is available at selected optical and fashion stores in over 100 countries.
About Mikita Shops
Mikita currently operates 17 retail stores globally (O&O as well as Franchise) and is expecting more openings as part of an ambitious expansion plan. It is within the Mikita Shops, where our vision “to craft the best product experience” ultimately unfolds and where brand, product and service offerings need to convince our discerning customers. Establishing local brand awareness, generating traffic and ultimately driving sales in competitive environments are key objectives of our retail marketing efforts
Jana Hansen, Mikita Holding GmbH, Ritterstr. 9, 10969 Berlin