Designer Nice and SeriousLondon, England, GB
About Nice and Serious
Nice and Serious was founded in 2008 with a clear purpose: to make creative work the world needs. Since then we’ve exclusively worked with pioneering charities and brands to make creative work that amplifies social and environmental causes. International brands like IKEA, Unilever, Innocent and Ben & Jerrys, to pioneering charities like Greenpeace, WWF, Rainforest Alliance and Parkrun. From strategy and creative, through to branding and digital content production, we work as a creative partner, delivering a full-service offering for organisations who want to harness the power of creativity to change the world. We are a Pending B Corp, aiming to become fully certified in early 2020. To help us stick true to our purpose, we developed the Moral Compass – a digital tool that enables our team to score and screen the briefs we receive based on their potential impact. By democratising the decision-making process, it helps us put purpose above profit and partner solely with organisations who share our values.
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the hunt for a new motion graphic designer to join our growing team. We need someone who’s not only serious about keyframes but also wants to make the world nicer.
The day to day
- You’ll demonstrate a range of visual directions through style frame design.
- You’ll turn a written script into a visual narrative through storyboarding.
- You’ll create full design boards based on visual direction / storyboards.
- You’ll produce beautiful animation, primarily in Adobe After Effects.
- You’ll provide VFX for film projects.
- You’ll provide reasoning, written and verbal, to describe your design / concept choices.
- You’ll work with the team to produce the best possible work under the nicest conditions.
- You’ll be a passionate contributor in brainstorms.
- You’ll engage in the company's mission and help further it.
- You’ll have 5+ years experience working in motion graphics / animation
- You’ll be highly proficient in After Effects
- You’ll be highly proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- You’ll thrive when working in a team
- Cel animation and 3D are a big bonus
The Nice Stuff
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be. Here are a few things we do:
- Flexible working hours and policy
- Private healthcare - Vitality Health
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
- Bonus Scheme
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per year (plus three additional days off over the Xmas period)
- Annual Weekend Away (usually in the summer)
- Passion project time through Nice Works, our internal passion project initiative
- Friday Drinks
- Headspace Subscription
- £100 per annum towards eyecare
- Annual personal training budget
- The finest selection of tea, coffee, breakfast stuff and fresh fruit
The Serious Stuff
Nice and Serious is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send your CV and showreel by email.