Designer Owen JonesPortland, Oregon, US
[ Production Designer ]
Work as part of a dynamic and experienced team, bringing production expertise and a love for all things organized, exacting, and clear.
Salary range: $40,000 - $50,000
Production designers at Owen Jones work with our design team, art directors, writers, and creative leadership to design and produce creative solutions for our clients. They are responsible for the creation of production-ready assets for a variety of projects including but not limited to branding, digital design, environmental, packaging, and presentation design. They communicate and work closely with producers to make sure that correct assets are being used for creating final files and ensuring those files are as consistently correct (ex. file size, dimensions, packaging of files) as possible. Working as the final step in our creative process, they are highly detailed, reliable, and communicative.
This role is expected to create final press/web-ready files across a variety of projects with a high level of efficiency and technical proficiency. We are a very collaborative workplace; comfort collaborating across disciplines in order to get a clear understanding of project needs is necessary. This is an opportunity to work with an exceptional team on interesting projects, and we’re looking for someone who is excited to learn and grow with us.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create final press/web-ready assets with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.
- Develop systems and processes to help your work run smoother, stay organized, and function efficiently.
- Work collaboratively across all phases of your projects, beginning to end.
- Stay up to date on the latest production techniques and best-practices.
Areas of Influence
- Help to shape the process, approach, and development of our projects. Get familiar with every stage of the project, and make it better.
Areas of Growth
- Take responsibility for your process and the agency's needs. Jump in, be proactive, and help us move more nimbly.
- Explore non-production assignments and tasks (design, video, etc.).
Owen Jones' General Expectations
- Commitment to the best possible work, especially when the well feels dry or it feels like “just another project.”
- Honest, direct, and detailed communication.
- Perpetually evolve your own skills; try new things and work inventively.
- Use your unique experiences and skills to help push Owen Jones' creative executions.
- Get to the heart of what it is you’re trying to solve; dig in deep and research.
- Courage and wisdom to ask for help.
- Be flexible and willing to assist in an array of tasks.
- Attention to detail in everything you touch. The details are the end product.
- Respect for your Owen teammates. Treat others as they would like to be treated. Lend a hand, pick up your slack, and don’t leave anyone behind. Remember that we will spend more waking time together than with almost anyone else, so make that relationship healthy and productive.
- Mentorship, growth, and inspiration
- Resources to develop and expand your professional career
- Monthly Inspiration Day to be used on an inspirational activity of your choosing
- Professional Development Budget: $300 annual budget, per year with Owen (maximum of $1,500)
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and comprehensive leave policies
- 401k Matching
- Annual paid time off, 15 days annually (prorated based on start date), plus Owen holidays, plus Owen Holiday/Winter Break (December 24 – January 1)
- Parking and cell phone reimbursement
- A positive, balanced work-life
Welcome to All
Minds and hearts are what matter. Our unique experiences are what make us stronger. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Just like so many of our Portland neighbors, Owen Jones welcomes everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, political affiliation, country of origin, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military affiliation, or ability.
Owen Jones values full transparency in everything we do. While this will not affect our hiring decision, our Portland and Hood River offices are not ADA compliant at this time.
This position is full-time, with a 90 day probationary period to make sure it is a good fit for you and for us.
Sound Like You?
Application Deadline: 07/28/2020