Designer Rocket Sports ManagementLondon, England, GB
About Rocket Sports
Rocket Sports was founded in 2012 by Sir Elton John and Luke Lloyd-Davies to nurture sporting talent whatever the highs and lows. Since then the business has expanded and has three clear divisions:
Rocket Sports Management represents some of the world’s best sporting talent, including Laura Kenny, Jason Kenny, Geraint Thomas, Ben Swift and Evie Richards. All athletes are cyclists at the top of their respective disciplines, however the ambition for the business is to gradually recruit new athletes who embody the Rocket Sport ethos across a variety of different sports.
Rocket Sports Sponsorship works with rights holders to audit, develop and enhance their sponsorship proposition and in doing so create exciting and meaningful brand partnerships. We get to know our client’s business as if it is our own and provide them with tools and insights to make real business impact. As part of this, we represent a number of rights holders and broker high value sponsorship with brands.
Rocket Sports Consultancy is the newest division of Rocket Sports and works with cities to ascertain, unlock and evaluate the impact of sports events using the power of data, insight and evaluation, allowing these cities to make pragmatic decisions that contribute to their socioeconomic ambitions.
Working in a small team, the Designer will be an integral part of the Rocket Sports business and assume a variety of roles. Rocket Sports enjoys a start-up spirit and vibe, with the expert support of the Rocket Entertainment Group.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Designer will assume responsibility for the overall brand position, performance, expression and experience of Rocket Sports
- You will produce all Rocket Sports collateral, including presentations, printed literature and sales collateral
- As part of this, determine the message the design should portray and create images that identify a product or convey a message
- Ability to generate compelling artwork, occasional infographics and lay out both creative and technical content in the most engaging way
- At regular points, you will work on exciting third-party projects, designing sales and brand collateral for other leading sports events, athletes and teams
- You will also assist with the maintenance of our brand and athlete website and social media channels, including updates and creating promotional creative assets
- You will be able to showcase talent that you enjoy on a weekly basis to keep the team aesthetically on the ball
What you need to be successful
- You have the ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- You have a solid digital design background, ideally with a passion for marketing and sport
- You have amazing motivation to maintain and improve design standards
- You have the ability to take direction and support the team in the delivery of big projects
- You are knowledgeable of the industry, whilst keeping abreast of new technology
- You have extensive knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Video editing skills are a bonus
- You ideally have an understanding of HTML and CSS
- Expert written communications skills
- A team player who enjoys collaborating on exciting, off the wall ideas and enjoys getting stuck in with other Rocket Sports projects from time to time
- Meticulous attention to detail and desire to do things perfectly, every time
Please send through a CV and / or your design portfolio (ideally showcasing projects that you think demonstrate the skills required for this role) via email to benl(at)rocketentertainment.com no later than Friday 11th August 2017.
Interviews will ideally take place between 7th – 18th August (or sooner if appropriate)
At some point within the recruitment process, a small design task may be set.
Rocket Sports Values
- EXCELLENCE: Deliver a world class service every time, with exceptional attention to detail
- INTEGRITY: There’s a truth, honesty and reputational pride in what we do and how we do it
- PASSION: We enjoy what we do and we’re madly passionate about the role we play in creating unforgettable moments in sport
- LONGEVITY: We are liked and respected by all our clients and pride ourselves on the long-term relationships we form
- SIMPLICITY: Often, simple ideas are the best. We deliver innovative solutions with a common-sense mantra
- NURTURING: We were founded to nurture sporting talent, working with a small number of high quality clients and talented athletes