Designer SBS AustraliaSydney, New South Wales, AU
The Opportunity : Part of our content strategy across SBS is to invest boldly in digital and continue to grow the audience across our online platforms. We are looking for a web designer with a flare for interaction and unconventional thinking to collaborate with SBS’s Digital Creative Labs team on a series of upcoming projects. Although primarily text, these projects will incorporate multimedia elements such as video, audio, illustration and typography. The results will beautiful, unique and ambitious.
The Requirements You will be collaborating with SBS’s Digital Creative Labs - a team that produces award-winning digital interactive projects which combine technology with stories to inspire and engage.
Some examples include of similar projects include:
We anticipate a start date from January 2018, with the design time of 6 weeks per project.
Preferably you will be available to work with us in our Sydney offices for a period of the project. This role is a contract role with the possibility of becoming full-time should we find a match with a suitable candidate.
Your portfolio should demonstrate
- Deep knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Bold usage of type and photographic/illustration assets.
- Highly desirable skills:
- Multimedia integration; how various media components are bought together to tell non-linear story.
- Motion graphics and animation; using After Effects, Animate CC, etc to create web read animations, either original pieces, or using source illustration assets.
- 3D skills; the ability to create web ready, efficient 3D assets for web game engines.
- Programming knowledge.
How to apply
Please send a brief intro and portfolios to matt.smith(at)sbs.com.au