Designer Sentry.ioVienna, AT
Bad software is everywhere, and we’re tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding and 20,000 customers that believe we’re on to something, we're building performance and error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, and Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs and more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Team
Sentry’s design team helps define and shape the experience of over 1 million developers. We’re looking for a Product Designer who’s passionate about designing delightful and consistent product experiences at a massive scale.
Sentry is open source software and the work you do will be publicly available as a model for others to follow. If you are a design-thinker who wants to positively impact the productivity of the developer ecosystem, this role is for you.
As our first Product Designer in Vienna, you will
- Have a huge impact by designing core product experiences that will propel Sentry into new categories
- Be instrumental in creating a consistent look and feel throughout our products
- Help define systems to enable our design and frontend teams to be more efficient and collaborative
- Contribute to our component library and design documentation
You'll love this job if
- You love making the lives of engineers and/or your fellow designers easier
- You enjoy working cross-functionally and building out features alongside developers and product teams
- You respect the value of design constraints but enjoy pushing their limits
- You wish more companies would invest in design
- You're passionate about open source and wouldn't mind more green boxes on your contribution graph
- 5+ years of product design experience, or a portfolio that can trick us into believing so (a link to a portfolio or relevant work is required)
- Impeccable taste and knack for attention to detail
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Framer, or other modern design tools
- Experience with communicating complex concepts in approachable ways
Bonus (optional) skills:
- Familiarity with React, Django templates, or have experience with other templating engines
- An active GitHub profile and/or contributions to open source projects
- Experience with SVG, specifically for data visualization
- Experience with version control
- Contribute to an open source product used by almost a million of your fellow developers and tens of thousands of companies
- Be part of an experienced and renowned team that cares a lot about diversity, inclusivity, and quirkiness
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Commuter subsidy
- Flexible working schedule
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Austrian healthcare
- Pet friendly office
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands) and visits to our SF headquarters
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 41.706,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (IT-KV). The salary that Sentry offers you is adjusted to the current market situation and does significantly exceed it.