Designer SteelcaseGrand Rapids, Michigan, US
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace well-being in its broadest sense and we provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
This role works in a fast paced environment and demonstrates the ability to support and influence some of our largest global accounts. You will provide leadership to the interior design team and help identify product and process enhancements.
Lead and mentor the Workplace Services interior design team while keeping abreast of emerging trends. Refines design concepts through product research leveraging new and existing ancillary partnerships. Develop design standards and scalable processes for direct sell account portfolio. Accountable for developing industry leading talent base while ensuring a positive work atmosphere. Assists in supporting the development and growth of the design team including training and personal development. Coordinate with local Design Team Leader to oversee day-to-day project assignments for all designers and monitor overall team performance.
- Ability to work with ambiguity in the absence of defined systems and processes
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to coordinate team toward common goals.
- Ability to observe market needs and establish both long- and short-term goals to meet those needs.
- Strong platform presentation skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be capable of maintaining positive industry and customer contacts.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team to participate in product planning and marketing committees.
- BFA or BS Design required, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years experience preferred - Extensive knowledge of design, architecture, interior design, sales techniques, manufacturing and a variety of marketing functions typically acquired through design experience with a manufactured product
- Dealer managerial experience is preferred.
- Proven leadership, project management, continuous improvement and performance orientation skills.