Designer SuperHiLondon, England, GB
Applications Close: 17 April 2020
SuperHi’s mission is to make creative education better designed. We give creative and curious people the tools and techniques to bring ideas and work to life online. We teach practical skills and build our students confidence in code, design, and managing digital projects successfully (+ more to come). We think that education should be accessible to all, whatever your financial situation; that we won’t know how good technology can be until everyone has equal chance to participate; that diverse backgrounds and experiences working in the creative industries is crucial; that complementing whatever you're good at with new skills is a clear advantage; and that learning should be practical, fun as well as stress-free for the best chance to make it stick. We think that we should all work harder to ensure skillsets are distributed representatively in the creative and tech industries. We're proud and humbled that our current students are 51% female, 1% non-binary and 48% male from a wide range of backgrounds and over eighty countries. They make amazing things and we also get better learning outcomes because we're online-first. We’re a proudly remote team with people located in New York, London, Inverness, Stockholm, Lisbon and Vancouver.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of service and product design projects, specifically our student learning environment and the SuperHi Editor, plus some secret, upcoming large-scale features.
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to the development of our component library
- Provide mentorship to our students which will involve answering student questions in Slack and Intercom on topics related to design.
You could be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a strong background in web-based software and responsive web design.
- Have experience using Figma.
- Have experience with using and building component libraries.
- Have an interest in education.
- Have a good eye for typography.
- Have good attention to detail - your cover letter should include the word "avocado" somewhere.
- Are self-motivated and organized.
- Have experience working remotely.
- Have experience working in a growing startup environment.
- Have experience in designing dashboards.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, dental and vision insurance for US-based employees.
- Stipend to get a workspace local to you if you prefer not to work at home.
- Paid sick and vacation days.
- Company provided equipment (laptop, screens, standing desks, etc).
- Annual education budget.
- Annual work together budget.
- Annual vacation bonus (we want you to take time off!).
- Annual health + fitness budget.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome anyone of any gender, race, sexuality, ability, background, age, etc. to apply. Diversity and inclusion is very important to SuperHi – our students come from all walks of life and our team should reflect that too.
How to apply
If this sounds interesting and fun to you, please apply by emailing your résumé with the subject line "Senior Product Designer"!