Designer TessianLondon, England, GB
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer.
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia, Accel and Balderton and has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, and London.
Design at Tessian
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to join our stellar design team, to sit within and work closely with Marketing to deliver groundbreaking artistry that both respects our brand guidelines and continues to scale the Tessian brand story to a global audience.
You’ll communicate the Tessian narrative through a variety of assets across internal and external channels, and you'll be responsible for managing stakeholders and project timelines as they request design work.
This could include working alongside Marcomms to lead the visual identity of our research reports, collaborating with Product Marketing on product launch websites, or running branded ad campaigns with our Demand Generation team. You'll be an integral part of helping marketing deliver on their KPIs.
You’ll be given support to shape the Tessian brand identity and create lasting work that you can take pride in from a visual standpoint for years to come.
You'll have an ability to look critically at the visual design of our competitors, and approach challenges with a research and data-driven mindset. We work digital-first, and you'll have a passion for technology and cybersecurity, and the skills to match.
As a Visual Designer you will:
- Help bring to life the Tessian brand identity
- Deliver assets that communicate our technology and products to customers
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to craft graphics for social media channels and blog posts
- Work with Commercial teams to create visual content (like presentations, infographics, data sheets etc)
- Support Marketing plans and launches, and give design input on projects
- Work to build out interactive experiences on the Tessian website
- Engage with external agencies on special brand projects or events
- Create branded merchandise for internal and industry use
Our Design stack includes:
- Adobe Suite
- Google Suite
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has a couple of years of experience in a practical design role, with a focus on digital-first design.
- Is a creative and critical thinker who can distill complex ideas into digestible and beautiful design
- Has a passion for working as a designer within the technology space, and an understanding of selling to enterprise audiences and how that might change aspects of the work they create.
- Is highly proficient with our digital-first tools; including the Adobe Suite, the Google Suite, Figma, and basic video-editing tools like Final Cut.
- Is a self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Can quickly iterate and work from existing design guidelines
- Highly collaborative and comfortable working with people from across the company
- Has a strong eye for detail and a passion for getting it right
- An ability to speak passionately about their work and communicate it with authority and confidence.
- Bonus: Has worked with agencies or freelancers to brief complex projects
- Bonus: Ideally has experience in one or more of the following: Web Design, Interactive Design / Basic Animation, Layout Design, Marketing and Content
Why we think you'll love it here....
It’s important to us that all Tessians are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark to provide above market rate salaries - there’s plenty more too….
Be at your best, both inside and outside of work
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus 8 bank holidays, and an additional day for every year you've worked at Tessian!)
- Private health insurance provided through Vitality Health and mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program
- Classpass - subsided access to gym time and classes all across London
- Flexible working hours and working from home (if you're not already remote!)
- Enhanced pension contributions, matched up to 5%
- We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
- Work-from-home subsidy upon joining, so you can kit out your home office
- High-quality tech kit provided for you to work on including MacOS kit & Tessian ANC headphones
- If you're relocating to join the team, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
- Elite membership of the Tessian House System...
- Every other Wednesday we stop at 5 and share team updates and drinks
- Monthly team socials & a big, whole company extravaganza every quarter
- Never-ending ping-pong tournaments
Equality & diversity
Tessian is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equality and diversity amongst both our employees and prospective applicants. The Human Layer we're securing is diverse, and we know we need to be diverse and inclusive to successfully create HLS that reflects this. You can read our equality and diversity statement here.
As part of our commitment to equality and diversity, we're also a corporate member of the WISE Campaign for gender equality in STEM & we're a founding member of the WEDS network driving diversity & inclusion in startups.