Designer ThoughtWorksStuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, DE
Experience Designer (m/f/d)
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
We are looking for passionate experience designers who care about innovation through design and technology. You are strong advocate for the best design practices and love learning new skills as well as mentoring others.
This role requires significant experience and the ability to shape a new client engagement, coach other team members, provide design leadership and be comfortable supporting a team and working with clients on site - but our flat organisational structure also means you'll be someone who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy. Find out more about the job as a designer at ThoughtWorks here.
As an Experience Designer (m/f/d) at ThoughtWorks you can look forward to:
- Working on delivery focussed, design-led technology engagements helping clients transform their businesses and to develop digital products and services.
- Inspiring unique approaches to product design, with great workshop techniques and tools and be able to facilitate client brainstorms and internal sessions with diverse colleagues including business, user experience and technology professionals.
- Creating inspiring design hypotheses for delivery teams to work with, and be confident working with multidisciplinary technical teams at TW and the client to bring to life design with delivery teams.
- Contribute to the development of design methods, tools, and new and emerging techniques within the growing experience design community at ThoughtWorks.
- Support and coach your team and our clients in design best practices.
Here's what you'll bring:
- Several years of experience in at least three specific areas of design such as user research, service design, digital product design, interface design, visual design or other
- Ability to create a wide range of experience design deliverables either by yourself or collaborating with designers and developers - deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, prototypes, design systems, UI and visual design
- Clearly communicate, innovation and design concepts to clients and colleagues using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Great facilitation skill to run amazing workshops with your clients
- Strong collaboration skills to work with small cross-functional delivery teams on projects, providing on the job training and support on all aspects of experience design methods and tools
- Up-skill and enable stakeholders and engage with other aspects of the client’s business on the impact of experience design deliverables and manage project scope, risks, and updates
- Fluent German and English language skills and you love to travel and work mainly on client side together with your software delivery team
And this is what you can expect:
- ThoughtWorks offers centrally located office spaces which enables agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair.
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance.
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices.
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office.
- Besides our famous Annual Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get-togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events.
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. ThoughtWorks supports you in writing articles, doing meetups or speaking on conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!