Designer Ubisoft PhilippinesSanta Rosa, Calabarzon, PH
In 2016, Ubisoft Philippines opened as the first and only AAA game development studio in the country. Since then, the studio has grown to around 150 professionals, co-developing the following flagship franchises: Assassin's Creed (AC): Odyssey, AC: Origins, AC III Remaster, AC Liberation and AC Rogue on Nintendo Switch, For Honor, Skull & Bones, The Crew 2 and more upcoming unannounced projects.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment and services in the world. We are located in the emerging central business district in the South of Manila, with a lush, green, family-friendly ecosystem. Our building is within DLSU Laguna, our partner university whom we have been working closely with in the creation of Video Game Development courses, training developers of the future. Through partnerships in the academe and active involvement in events, we aim to continue growing the game dev industry in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Ready to tackle new challenges and take entertainment to the next level? Join us and Create the Unknown.
As a game designer, you will develop the game systems, controls, and interfaces, and the interactive elements based on the vision of the creative director.
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (e.g. gameplay rules, progression systems, combat systems, weapon attributes, artificial intelligence behaviours, 3Cs, etc.).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your assigned features.
- Develop in-engine prototypes and evaluate their performance.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints, reworking your design when and as often as needed.
- Participate in finding solutions to fix buggy features.
- Create and maintain design documentation that will guide interdependent teams.
- Follow up on features post-launch to improve, add, or remove components (in certain cases).
- Degree in game development or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in video game production or related experience
- Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Solution oriented and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Passionate about playing and creating games
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Passion in playing and creating games
Kindly provide your CV and portfolio
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Our top priority are our people: Ubisoft offers a world-class working environment that facilitates collaboration, open communication, and fun.
We ensure our team receive the best training, regularly sending them to trips to other Ubisoft studios around the globe. We work hard, but we play hard too. With our monthly events, parties, regular video game tournaments, music and sports clubs, you can bet that we’re serious about fun!