Designer WE CommunicationsLondon, England, GB
WE Communications, one of the world’s largest independent integrated communications agencies, is looking for an ambitious Lead Designer to join us and spearhead our re-engergised creative offering. This is a unique opportunity for you to join us, partnering with our Digital Strategy & Content Director and talented account teams – delivering an outstanding creative and content first offering.
Our London office is one of 23 across the globe, and it’s expanding rapidly. We work across time zones and continents. Our clients are innovative and so is our work – and importantly, our employees come first. We are looking for a first-class creative to drive full-integration across all our disciplines – Technology, Healthcare, Consumer and Corporate. You will be pushing the creative needle, and plugging into our wider global creative offering. You understand yourself as creative entrepreneur? Then let’s talk!
WE Communications is all about people – its clients as well as its employees. We want you to have a great place to work and thrive. Along with exciting projects, we offer our colleagues a sophisticated integration training plan, 25 days of paid annual leave (increasing to 30 days with service), office closure between Christmas and New Year, monetary incentives independent of your level (e.g. our WE Life and WE Connect benefit), private health and dental insurance, and many things more. You care about others? WE does too – with our community involvement program you can use up to 16 hours of paid community service time.
You will be a design all-rounder, defining and shaping visual concepts based on client and client team briefs. The job is incredibly varied – enabling you to work with all areas of the agency and our external partners. You will be a master at stakeholder management, whilst being just as comfortable in front of clients selling in concepts and ideas.
The role of Lead Designer is broken down into 4 main areas: –
Driving Creativity across the Agency – 35%
- Is the driving force behind creativity across the agency. You will define and shape our creative offering, ensuring that the agency shows up well in all materials, content and assets produced by the design team. You will work closely with the WE design teams in North America and APAC to ensure we are delivering consistently and of the highest quality regardless of geography. You will also work closely with our Digital Strategy & Content Director to ensure best-in-class creative is delivered each and every time.
New Business Support – 35%
- You will provide art and creative direction (where required) for all new business pitches and proposals across the agency and across all sector teams. This will cover a wide range of design disciplines from creative presentations through to content hub website designs.
Team Leadership/Development – 20%
- You will be responsible for managing contractors and one junior designer including mentoring and overseeing their personal development. You will also be tasked with helping to grow the design team revenue so that we can build out the team to ensure we have scale in the design team as the agency goes through an aggressive growth phase.
Thought Leadership – 10%
- As part of the broader brand awareness activities driven by the agency marketing team we expect you to contribute to and deliver regular thought leadership pieces and where possible speak at relevant industry events.
- Portfolio that showcases your ability to deliver campaigns across both B2B and B2C audiences
- Highly networked and respected within the communications industry in the market; proven track record of signing new client accounts and cultivating relationships in the right circles
- Proven track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Strong understanding on the future direction of integrated communications
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate ideas, decisions and reasoning clearly and confidently
- An ability to be patient and focused under tight deadlines, work on multiple projects and prioritise tasks for each
- Substantial experience as professional graphic designer in multimedia agency, advertising agency, or design studio
- Is highly proficient with Adobe CS tools – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects
- Thrive on pushing digital design at every juncture as the agency moves to a fully-integrated model
- Experience of running projects from concept to completion – including pitching and presenting to clients
- Junior Designer management experience
- Video production experience would be a bonus
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.