Digital Art Director TommyLos Angeles, California, US
We are Tommy, are you?
Can you envision and art direct cutting edge digital experiences? Are you passionate about online advertising campaigns and social media content that stands out and breaks from traditional marketing? Do you take pride in directing a team of digital designers to create high-profile projects and rejoice when they produce work better than yours? Have you worked respectfully for world class brands yet pushed them to go further? Have you been recognised by the Webbys, the FWA, or the Cyber Lions, but haven’t let it go to your head?
If so, you might be the best woman or man for this job. We are looking for an outstanding Art Director to join our close-knit and exceptionally talented team in our LA office producing award-winning work and pitching more for the likes of Netflix, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Sony Pictures, and Amazon Video.
We search out the most talented individuals we can find, but of equal importance is a positive attitude and a passion for great work produced as a team. An Art Director at Tommy effortlessly exemplifies these values and reminds us why they are so important. We want someone to become a vital part of the Tommy family. We seek someone to love our existing clients and get excited about pitching for new ones in equal measure.
As Art Director you will be responsible for working across a number of projects and client accounts simultaneously – directing and encouraging designers here, envisioning winning pitch treatments there, impressing clients in a presentation way over there. With a great understanding of design best practice, narrative, and messaging and with a wide creative awareness, you will have a hand in many projects, ensuring we are constantly reaching higher and pushing harder, whilst still hitting budgets and timelines. Basically, you will really tie the room together.
Daily, our Digital Art Director will be expected to:
- Own the creative integrity of projects from concepting, planning and design through production to delivery
- Work closely with the designers to ensure the quality of their work, provide art direction, and play a key role in the internal review process prior to work going out – including working with design teams in our Singapore and London offices
- Use your experience and industry knowledge to ensure the creation of mocks and storyboards express ideas succinctly and elegantly, whether for internal review or to sell conceptual ideas to clients
- Mentor other team members to improve creative and design skills, processes and best practices in line with their individual goals and objectives and in collaboration with the Creative Director
- Contribute to brainstorms and idea generation stages of projects Liaise with Producers to influence estimates, project plans, client amends, and the overall direction of studio production and build
- Vet contractors and new hires or interns to ensure they meet the requirements as projects and the agency demand
- Cooperate to support the ongoing improvement of efficient process that makes life easier for all in the studio
Skills and experience
The following skills and experience will set the successful candidate apart from the rest. We will only consider applicants with high scores against this list of essential skills and qualifications.
- Expert Creative Cloud Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Animate, Edge, etc.)
- A portfolio of high calibre digital advertising work delivered for international brands and entertainment clients
- Experience with and understanding of the discipline of online advertising campaigns, social content campaigns, interactive digital experiences, and stunts for film and entertainment
- A mastery of messaging, narrative, user-experience, and content communication
- Advanced creative concepting and visual communication skills
- An ability to articulate complex ideas succinctly to audiences of recent graduates through to experienced clients
- Extensive understanding of social media content creation and what works where across all emerging platforms
- A clear understanding of responsive design methodologies and experience of mobile-first site design with the ability to design at multiple screen resolutions simultaneously
- A passion for film and film advertising · Knowledge of video editing, encoding, and best practice use for mobile and web
- A strong awareness of innovative technologies and a willingness to try things you’ve never tried before
- Proven experience working as a Digital Art Director in the creative advertising industry at a senior level at an established agency or agencies
- Demonstrable film and brand creative advertising experience is essential
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
How to apply
Get in touch
If you think you’ve got the skills, talent, and style to be our new Digital Art Director, get in touch with us at mail address. Send your Resume and portfolio along with a cover letter email explaining why you are the best person for the job.
We’re committed to furthering equality and diversity in the creative industry, so we’ll be especially happy to see applications from underrepresented backgrounds.
Local applicants legally allowed to work in the USA and able to work in our LA office only, please. If you’re a recruiter, please don’t call us. We’ll call you.