Digital Designer L+RNew York City, New York, US
Who we are
L+R is an innovation consultancy and design studio. We were launched to make bold ideas a reality. We are designers and thinkers, motivated by our insatiable desire to make life simpler, more beautiful, and more enjoyable. Since 2012, L+R has been creating value for those daring to revolutionize their processes, technologies, and customer experience. Our clients span industries and platforms, and we work closely with them to create, develop, and enhance their products and services; in short, we turn great ideas into efficient actions and beautiful experiences. With offices in Brooklyn, Barcelona, and LA, L+R is an agile team of passionate designers and engineers making an impact.
We are motivated by our desire to build products with economic, social, environmental, emotional, or physical benefits. Technology has a critical role in shaping society and we are guided by a commitment to responsible innovation. From the beginning, we’ve always believed that the most barrier-breaking solutions come from a deep trust in the design process, and that true impact happens when everyone at the table is operating from the place where strategy meets aesthetics. We strive every day to make truly great digital products that encompass that belief.
L+R is looking for a Digital Designer to join its team and lead with this same understanding. Interested? Keep reading...
What you’ll do
At L+R we care deeply about the visual arts. It’s been ingrained in our DNA since day one. Our core mission revolves around building innovative and impactful products and services. To achieve this, we create visually exciting and inspiring stories to share with the world. Since L+R is a creative organization that works across many different industries, the range of our visual work is equally rich in diversity. As a Digital Designer, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, design and production of logos, branded applications, and digital product user interface design to communicate our clients’ mission, products, features and achievements to the world.
- Tier 1 Hard Skills: Brand Strategy, Branding, Website Design, Illustration, Unique Style
- Tier 2 Hard Skills: Deck Design, Photography, Packaging, Print, Animation,
- Tier 3 Hard Skills: Copywriting, Social Content, 3-D Modeling, Film & video, Art Direction
- Soft Skills: Collaborative, Concise, Good English, Efficient, Initiative, Team-Player
- Past Experience: Demonstrates an expert level of the required Skills
- Location Preference: Anywhere
- beautiful, communicative, and functional logos and identity systems as well as digital product branding
- digital marketing strategies and execute each application
- striking illustrations and branded merchandise across a range of executions
- compelling deck, packaging, and print design, implementing unique styles that push beyond industry standards
- provide feedback in reviews and contribute to strategic brainstorm sessions
- iterate on existing designs, applying systems in innovative ways
- empower junior design team members to internalize and leverage your brand bibles to apply and extend your design systems
- art direction, photography, and/or film/video assets to existing product designs
- to team-based strategy, branding, and product brainstorming sessions
- high value to sprint meetings, driving design direction
- and solicit honest, meaningful feedback to/from your L+R team members
- to the design team’s day to day practice of cultivating creative inspiration
Who you are
When you aren’t designing for work, you’re designing for fun and/or nerding out about the latest re-brand or digital product -- and you’re doing other stuff for fun, because all work and no play makes...well, you know the rest.
You have a deep appreciation for graphic design, digital product design and the creative process, as well as an innate ability to build relationships with teammates. You know what it takes to build something incredible, and you know how to bring out others’ unique skills to get there.
Also, you can also have or can demonstrate:
- The ability to think at a high level regarding graphic design and vision
- Strong foundational knowledge of design for micro sites, screensavers and connected devices
- Experience building and shipping different categories of products
- Foundational knowledge of engineering systems and product design
- A URL that features detailed examples of your product design portfolio
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excitement about proactively contributing value to this organization
- Passion for important issues that you want to be a part of
- A sense of humor, and complex knowledge of at least one obscure topic (ex: you’re a topiary buff)
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ONLINE (levinriegner.com/careers)
Applicants must have a URL that features detailed examples of their product design portfolio to apply