Digital Designer NextUp ComedyLondon, England, GB
NextUp Comedy is a subscription video platform for stand-up comedy that showcases and supports the live comedy industry. We film and acquire content from a range of sources, as well as filming our own original full length shows that we showcase to our members. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with the ability to handle multiple tasks in the field of design, working closely with the creative team to deliver show imagery and company wide design assets.
- Skilled working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in Photoshop and Indesign.
- Ability to manage time and deadlines on product artwork creation and internal company design requests.
- A great eye for design and working knowledge of current design trends in the market.
- Understanding of all image formats, sizes, and export settings needed for various platforms and social media platforms.
- Desire and will to learn skills in content production, production workflows, going on shoots, holding a camera, etc.
- Creative – We are looking for someone who can come up with new ideas and design concepts and keep the platform and associated brand fresh and exciting.
- Initiative – we’re looking for someone who can find new ways to streamline asset creation, and create a fluid workflow from beginning to end of the design process of a shows journey to all platforms.
- Organised – Familiar with and able to implement strategies for best working practices for artwork creation during and for high/quick turn around deadlines.
- Understand, and implement process/system for the creation of artwork and imagery for all new shows on-boarded to the Native NextUp Platform as well as Apple TV Channels and Amazon Channels, as well as other distribution partners.
- Creation of artwork assets and thumbnail assets for all new shows on a weekly basis, including creation of social media assets and PR assets required for launching of each new title.
- Creation of new artwork assets for Apple TV + Platform as per Apple guidelines.
- Creation of new artwork assets for Amazon Channels Platform
- Creation of artwork when requested as different spec for any current and future distribution partners deliverables.
- Working alongside the Technical manager to ensure all artwork deliverables are in correct size and format for uploading to various platforms.
- Working alongside the community manager, design and create all external company comms for both website based assets and social media based assets.
- Create all artwork for social media for show launches, with clear understanding of best working practices for image design on a platform by platform basis.
- Create new marketing templates and designs for social media including assets such as ‘Hot This Week’ or ‘Best of Edinburgh’
- Design and create the weekly newsletter for members,
- Review, update and design the wordpress site, with particular focus on new show launches and updated site imagery.
- Design on all external press releases
- Design all updates via blog posts
- Design work for all internal company comms including investment decks, company presentations, infographics etc.
- Design work for all event promotion for NextUp Live events, from social media promotion to event ticket artwork.
This role would report into one of the founders – the Creative Director, and work closely with them to deliver on all design processes. As part of the creative team, the role would also work closely with the Community Manager, Social Media Manager, & the Technical Manager.
More on NextUp
NextUp is a small start-up that launched in 2016. Initially comprising just four people, in 2019 we grew to 9 plus freelancers.
The NextUp company culture is one that celebrates individuality, openness, creativity and collaboration, with a strong emphasis on physical and mental wellbeing. We’re ambitious and passionate – balancing tight deadlines and workloads with a positive environment and perspective. We value trust, ambition and connection and we want people who work here to feel a real sense of agency as well as being fully supported in their roles. Equality and fairness both in the company and in the comedy industry are important to us, and we aim to recognise and reward individual and team achievements big and small.
We’re looking for people who’ll join in with and help drive our vision – to be a brand synonymous with quality stand-up comedy and a true force for good in the industry.
Whilst working for a start-up can be hugely exciting, it’s really important to be aware that there is less job security on offer than there would be working for an established company or multinational.
We’re highly ambitious and we work to a short investment runway so are unable guarantee absolutely that the company will succeed and/or that any role will be secure long-term. As a founding team we will do our utmost to succeed, but also to be transparent regarding potential hiccups.