Digital Designer PowsterLondon, England, GB
If your dream is to work on world-class projects at an international creative studio, look no further than applying for a role at Powster!
We are looking for a new designer to complement our amazing creative team and international producers, and developers. The role is a full-time position based out of our London HQ.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We are a creative studio based in London Fields, Hackney. We have recently opened a new studio in Los Angeles. Our team of developers, designers and producers works across three main products:
1. Creative Builds: we work across a range of creative projects, specialising in interactive video, social visual assets and fully-rendered VR experiences for music and movies.
2. Custom Builds (Powster Labs): high-end movie-marketing tools enabling movie-discovery.
3. Official Movie Platforms: we build movie ticketing websites for all the major movie studios and over 60 independent distributors globally.
Powster is recognised as an innovator in digital movie marketing. We like to think anything is possible when pitching. If we haven’t done it before we’ll pull together, work it out and make it happen. We have a diverse and genuinely talented team working across an exciting roster of technical and interactive builds, as well as large-scale video productions.
We enjoy awesome perks such as flexible working hours, a roomy and plant-filled studio, with table tennis, a private cinema, drinks fridge, roof terrace, Friday desk-beers and most importantly a friendly and fun team. We also get invites and tickets to movie screenings and events, and even some of the biggest premieres!
If you haven’t already, please take a look at our site www.powster.com, our mobile creative examples at www.verticalstories.com and our movie platform http://movies.powster.com
What You’ll Work On
You will predominantly be working as member of our creative team of video editors, visual designers, and UX/UI designers, under the guidance of our creative director, to help produce bespoke innovative designs.
Projects will include creative websites, social images and videos, facebook canvases, interactive music videos and more advanced interactive websites (VR, WebGL, advanced scrolling/parallax sites, etc). You’ll be producing work for an incredible range of world-class entertainment clients, including all the major movie studios.
You can also have a look at some of our work on the links below:
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, eg. background info for project pitches, inspirational creative tech innovations etc
- Concept and Idea Generation
- Creating striking visuals and animations matching the movies’ branding and genre whilst still being unique
- Working closely with other designers from the team on some projects but being able to complete a project on your own if needed
- Delivery to required specs of designs and assets for the developers to implement
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and After-Effects
- Basic knowledge of coding and digital design guidelines to collaborate with our developers
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong interest in the entertainment industry and creative marketing
- Takes pride in working to the highest standard and delivering exceptional results
Minimum 1 year relevant experience
Strong A-Level or higher education
Nice to haves:
Professional work experience in entertainment marketing
Familiarity with current entertainment marketing strategies
TBC depending on experience