Digital Designer Tech Will Save UsLondon, England, GB
Applications Close: 06 August 2020
Do you want to build cool things?
Great, so do we. At Tech Will Save Us our mission is for every child to realise they can re-shape the world and equip them with the skills they need to succeed in the 21st century. And you can help!
We are looking for a creative, insight driven Digital Designer as we build the most fun and accessible toy brand for the next generation.
We started in 2012, packing kits on a kitchen table and have now helped over 1.2 million children create with tech across 97 countries! With products featured in the permanent collections of MoMA and The London Design Museum.
We’re a growing team of parents, aunts, uncles, marketers, designers, production specialists, financiers and content producers united by our goal to empower kids to create using technology and make their world a better place. We’re an international bunch, historically coming from over 12 different nationalities and 5 different continents. We celebrate and support diversity in our team and our community and believe it is essential to making the world a better place.
Working within the Creative Team as part of our Commercial Department and reporting to the Creative Lead, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Commercial Team across a range of touch-points. With a primary focus on our e-commerce platform you’ll work alongside the Marketing Team to optimise and grow the channel through the implementation of new functionality and visual development of the site.
In this role you will be:
- Supporting the Commercial Team in creating exceptional digital customer experiences by collaborating with the Marketing Team. Using insights to define effective functionality, impactful content and clearly rationalised design solutions.
- Working directly with the Creative Lead and wider Creative Team to improve, evolve and codify the Tech Will Save Us brand across owned digital spaces, in line with business objectives and brand direction.
- Assisting in the upkeep of digital sales channels by working with the Creative team to define, develop and execute digital assets and content that support performance tests and align with the Tech Will Save Us brand.
- Supporting members of the team with all marketing related work streams, working to elevate our customers experience across digital journeys.
- Working with the Creative Team to concept, produce and deliver on a range of new digital brand communications from multichannel campaigns to product launches.
There is no such thing as a template Tech Will Save Us team member! In all likelihood though, to be comfortable in this role and able to perform at a high level, you will have:
- You have 3+ Years experience in-house or agency experience working with a digitally focused consumer facing and/or subscription based business
- You have a broad and flexible skillset/design approach - a desire to take on projects from creative conceptualisation to final polished artwork. As well as jumping in at any point in-between!
- Are an expert user of digital design tools - Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Framer, Marvel etc.
- You have experience creating wireframes and interactive prototypes
- You have a strong understanding of UI/ UX design principles and experience with best practice user testing procedures
- You have working knowledge of HTML, CSS and a strong interest in new technologies and processes.
- You have a full understanding of mobile, iOS, Android and other web platforms ideally with WooCommerce and Wordpress experience
- You are a confident and effective communicator within your direct team and to the wider business
- You are an independent manager of workload and deadlines with experience working as part of an Agile process.
- Have experience working directly with developers and external technical teams.
- You are inherently user centred and data driven approach to their design work.
- You are a strong team player - both within the Design Team as well as with other areas of the business. Taking feedback constructively and effectively into processes as well as being able to bring a well considered design sensibility to other teams within the business.
Nice to Have
- Experience in illustration would be advantageous
- Content production/art direction.
- A flare for our fun, playful and family friendly aesthetic is a must
- Animation and/or 3D skills in After Effects/ Cinema 4d are a big plus.
- A genuine interest and belief in our mission and approach
We can offer the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team doing good work in the world - if you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. You will be part of a truly multi-disciplinary team of marketers, educators, content products, production specialists, support reps, financiers, sales people, product designers, user experience experts, developers and engineers.
On top of that:
- Annual Salary up to £30k
- 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Equity as part of our EMI scheme
- £500 per annum professional learning and development fund for all employees
- Flexible working with the option to work from our vibrant London office, fully set up for safe working practices, or from home with support to set up the most productive home environment
- Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
At Tech Will Save Us, we believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
If you're interested we would love to hear from you!
You'll need a link to your portfolio and an up to date CV at the ready.