Digital Designer Traffic DigitalLondon, England, GB
We’re a small but mighty design and development studio based in the heart of Dalston in London (although currently we’re all working from home). We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Digital Designer to join our team and play a leading role in growing our team.
You’ll be joining a team of hands-on players. We all love what we do, we’re always willing to chip in and help and aim to learn from each other. And we’re looking for like-minded people to join us.
The Senior Digital Designer will be responsible for creating and delivering stunning, functional and innovative designs for all things digital. Working alongside the Creative Director, you’ll be leading UX/UI workshops and strategy sessions with our clients. You’ll be designing concepts and producing UX/UI designs for various platforms, leading on key decisions regarding functionality and best practice and challenging our developers with innovative ideas. You’ll be able to intuitively attain a thorough understanding of our client’s ambitions.
The ideal candidate
You are a highly creative person with a passion for all things design. You often get the urge to share content that you find awesome and you’re constantly on the lookout for inspiration in new trends and visual culture. You enjoy all aspects of the design process – from research to ideation and wireframing to challenging existing UX and mapping out improvements. You’re confident presenting your ideas to both the team and the client in an articulate, engaging manner. You’re comfortable working with developers and inspiring them with your designs.
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years experience in design
- An impressive portfolio of design work showing a clear passion for beautiful, purposeful UX/UI
- A meticulous eye for detail and spotting pixel perfection
- An ability to explore and implement unique and inspiring ways to bring brands to life in a digital environment
- Fluency in Adobe CC Suite including Adobe XD
- Incredible prototyping skills to make ideas tangible
- An understanding of front-end development, it’s flexibilities and it’s limitations
- A fluent vocabulary of all things UX/UI
- Ability to coherently report on visual and functional improvements to UX/UI as well as justify your decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease
- An infectious love for design and willingness to inspire the team, making sure we always look our best and ultimately grow our business
Nice to have
- Any animation skills a bonus
- Branding capabilities
- Illustration skills
What you’ll get
- An open and supportive environment
- Your own desktop iMac and Macbook Air
- Yearly training budget to upskill in your choice of subject
- A variety of clients ranging from education to entertainment, pharmaceuticals to hairdressers. No two briefs are ever the same!
- Opportunity to grow the design team
A little bit about us
For over a decade, we’ve partnered with amazing global clients and collaborators. We know the value that carefully crafted, user-centred solutions can bring to an organisation and we always tailor our approach to our client’s needs.
Based in Dalston, we work alongside our sister company, The Bakery - a corporate accelerator with access to an amazing network of entrepreneurs and start-ups. When we can we love to explore the local area and surrounding areas of Hoxton, Shoreditch and London Fields whether it’s on one of our multiple away days, lunches or drinks after work.
Working alongside The Bakery means we also get to work on building solutions for today’s most up-and-coming start-ups. No idea is too small, and no challenge is too big.
Please send us your portfolio, your CV and a short message explaining why you’re the ideal candidate for the role to the email address below.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are currently working from home. Once the COVID-19 pandemic is over, we will look to embrace new ways of working and will be exploring flexible working that is tailored to all employees and designed in consultation with them.
As part of our Equality Policy, we are committed to eliminating workplace discrimination, encouraging and valuing diversity amongst our employees. We welcome enquiries from everyone.
Recruiters - we value your expertise however we do not require your help for this role, thank you!