Graphic Designer AcrylicizeSeattle, Washington, US
Acrylicize is a multidisciplinary creative studio that is exploring the boundaries between art and design. We blend art, design and branding to create experiences that connect people with spaces. Our projects are defined by a devotion to craft and narrative and champion art’s enduring ability to tell powerful stories that connect us with our environments, tearing up the rule book on both the traditional art world model and accepted notions of EGD. Our fast paced, flexible team is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to bring their unique skills, experience and flair to the table.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Graphic Designer with an interest in bridging the gap between art and graphic design. As a member of the studio you will be in the thick of it, conceptualizing unique and inspiring 2D artworks, presenting to clients and contributing to the execution of projects through to production. You will work closely with project managers and senior members of staff to bring your - and the studio’s - visions to life. You will have a passion for beautiful and narrative driven designs, putting as much thought into the ‘why’ as the ‘what.’ You will help the team to grow by providing solid design experience across the lifecycle of our projects as well as mentorship, guidance and support for design team members.
This role provides invaluable experience and creative grounding to the entire Acrylicize creative process, and is an opportunity for someone to put their unique stamp on the studio as we grow the Seattle studio.
You will be….
- Working independently or within a team to deliver projects
- Working simultaneously across a range of different projects
- Researching and exploring projects to extract stories & themes
- A conceptual thinker with the ability to articulate your ideas to the design team and clients
- Bringing your ideas to life through a range of different visual techniques
- Working with the design team to explore materials and fabrication methods
- Liaising with suppliers and fabricators to communicate specifications
- Working with Project Managers and senior team members to identify key deliverables and work within pre-agreed timelines and budgets
- Providing mentorship to Junior Designers
You must have…
- A speciality and experience in Graphic Design
- A solid background in environmental graphics/installations, spatial design or product design
- High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- An understanding of how 2D graphic design can translate into 3D
- An eye for great design and excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience working as part of a team to create excellent work
- A passion to push yourself and your work to the next level
A bit about our benefits…
- 15 days vacation, 8 days bank holidays, and winter holiday closure
- 401(k) Investment Retirement Account (available with matching after 6 months employment)
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- A host of team social activities
How to Apply:
When applying please attach a PDF (under 5mb) of recent work or a link to your online portfolio.