Graphic Designer APCO WorldwideBerlin, DE
[ Creative Consultant / Graphic Designer -6 month]
APCO Worldwide, a global communications agency, is looking for a graphic designer with a strong focus on videography and motion graphics, to join our Berlin office for a fixed period of 6 months. This is a globally-minded, creatively-open and strategically driven position to help clients and agency-client teams make an impact and breakthrough in an increasingly distracted, noise-filled environment. This role is to help both the broader creative community at APCO and client teams to convey stories, visualize concepts and bring ideas to life through words and visuals.
About the role:
You are expected to bring stories and content to life by creating highly creative, visually compelling, practical and emotionally engaging designs. Your main responsibility will be designing powerful presentations, brochures and infographics for multiple platforms, but especially supporting the creation of motion graphic animations and video production.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an agency environment, be adept at interpreting briefs, be a superior visual storyteller who possesses design skills that inspire, able to work across mediums and have the temperament to understand that design should be in service of ideas, not in the service of itself. We will also consider candidates with similar experience gained in an in-house role.
More importantly, keeping an entrepreneurial mindset, the role also requires a design thinking approach versus a pure design one. The role will increasingly require knowledge of cultural, societal and environmental understanding, and you should understand how to turn design research into actionable insights, leading to better design and ideas.
We know you are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your ambitions, and where a job title is not limiting who you are and what you can only do. This role would suit an experienced graphic designer, ideally with an agency background, who is happy to work as part of our creative team in our Berlin office, but also collaborate with the wider creative team across our 30+ offices around the world and with trusted external partners.
- An exceptional visual storyteller with empathy, the ability to create emotionally engaging presentations, posters, infographics, visual identities with exceptional illustration skills
- Proactive team player, ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams including designers, strategists, media experts, digital experts, and external partners
- Strategic thinker, ability to translate business needs, business requirements, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, audience-centered, and emotionally engaging
- Problem solver, willingness to be flexible and find solutions to challenging briefs; ability to identify and execute effective solutions to address client problems
- An ethnographic researcher by nature, ability to get inspired by everyday observations
Qualifications & Standards
- BA in Design, or strong portfolios showcasing your creative thinking process as well as visually compelling, practical and emotionally engaging design work
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects) and Microsoft Office
- Videography and motion graphics expertise
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management and multitasking abilities in a fast-paced environment
- Keen ability to take criticism and incorporate feedback to make your designs better
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to pursue atypical ideas that inspire action
- Ideally, a minimum of two years’ experience gained in a PR, advertising or branding agency – though we will absolutely consider someone with similar in-house experience in a graphic design role.