Graphic Designer Architectural Association School of ArchitectureLondon, England, GB
We seek a creative, ambitious graphic designer to assist in the development of the new AA website, the production of environmental graphics, exhibition materials, books, marketing and other materials related to the Architectural Association.
The Print Studio is responsible for overall school communication as well as the design and production of books released through AA Publications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
AA Print Studio Graphic Designer duties involve working closely with all members of the Print Studio and members within the school on a wide range of projects, including:
• Design and production of invitations, posters, merchandise, books, catalogues, and other media through to production for AA School and AA Publications
• Website design (alongside Digital Platforms Team) and other digital deliverables
• E-book production
Other tasks will include archiving of studio work (physical and online), research, administration support, coordination work and schedules via calendar and Basecamp, e-mail communication, collecting and formatting content for web and print, installing environmental graphics, sending parcels, and any other activities reasonably deemed necessary to the successful operation of AA Print Studio.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- BA in graphic design and at least 1–3 years of experience
- Have proficient knowledge of current design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, and prove fluency in web design
- Is creative, self-motivated and enjoy working with others
- Have an interest in architecture, contemporary art and design
- Should be able to clearly communicate – in both spoken and graphic languages. Therefore, excellent spoken and written English is essential
- Have a flexible attitude
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be an added advantage
For full job description, please go to https://www.aaschool.ac.uk/APPLY/JOBS/admin-jobs.php
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The first selection will take place on 10th December 2018. Please submit your materials by email stating the job title in the subject heading. Please include in your application:
- Full CV
- Covering letter/email highlighting why you feel you are the right person for the role
- A portfolio, that demonstrates outstanding design ability and a keen eye for typography.
Please submit this in PDF format (max size 10MB). Do NOT submit portfolios through file-sharing platforms.
- Notice period
- Contact details for two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior permission) Invitations to first interview will be issued by email after the closing date. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the AA and this role. The Architectural Association School of Architecture aims to create conditions that ensure staff and students are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of their gender, race, religious/political beliefs, ethnic or national origin, disability, family background, age, sexual orientation, or other irrelevant distinction.