Graphic Designer Barker LanghamLondon, England, GB
Applications Close: 17 January 2020
The Graphic Designers play a key role in keeping Barker Langham’s visual identity on-brand and professional. We make all Barker Langham’s presentation visually appealing and consistent which allowed the company to be recognized in the cultural industry. Graphic Designers create and design everyday reports, tenders and client presentations, alongside other communication materials, juggling multiple projects to meet strict deadlines. From time to time we also work on bigger scale and more creative projects such as exhibitions.
- Design and assist the development of documents and presentation using templates and style sheets
- Design infographics, maps and graphic components as necessary
- Make sure the design production is always consistent with the brand identity guidelines
- Advice on image quality and retouch images to improve quality, where appropriate
- Work closely and support the Art director in a range of projects
- Prepare artwork for professional print, applying printer specifications
- Work directly with the Art Director and the Graphic Designers as well as the wider team members
- Check printer proofs and amend artwork prior to approval as required
- Follow the sign off procedure at each stage of production, including the design sign off with the Art Director
- Maintain an accurate filing and archive system for all work
Skills and Responsibilities
- Degree in related field, preferably Graphic Design
- Excellent skills across Adobe CS: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop to produce creative and innovate graphic designs
- Skills in Power point and MS Word is a bonus
- 2 years min. professional experience as a graphic designer, ideally in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability in the creation of infographics, trace maps, plans in Illustrator
- Ability to produce print ready artwork
- Meeting demanding timescales, whilst maintaining the highest standards
- Taking briefs and working within style guidelines.
- Flexible, collaborative, and resourceful hands-on approach
- Strong organizational and communication skills to coordinate multiple projects
- Able to work collaboratively with fellow team members.
- Understanding of the various digital and conventional printing processes.
- Aware of latest design trends, practices and movements.
How to apply
Please send the following to contact mail
- Up to Date CV
- Portfolio of work
- Specify availability for interview, salary expectations, and notice period.