Graphic Designer CanvaSydney, New South Wales, AU
At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
About the team
From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Core Template Design Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva’s design team is building the world’s best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of a talented Senior Graphic Designer to help with an influx of requests for beautiful social media, print and branding designs.
About the Role
The Graphic Designer will be part of a vibrant and friendly creative studio, producing beautiful templates for our library. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver a wide variety of creative campaigns, the freedom to influence design direction, and the chance to create elegant, on-trend designs every day. We need someone at a senior designer level, who loves being on tools, while also briefing out to and managing the quality of a team of midweight designers.
What you'll do
- Assist our team in delivering 3-4 template design projects, likely to include:
- 1 x project to create a range of multi channel social media and branding kits
- 1 x project to create a set of educational resources for parents and teachers supporting children learning from home
- 1 x project to create educational flash cards for print
- 1 x project to create an entertaining set of brainstorm templates
- Brief our designers, illustrators, photographers and videographers to execute high quality content and templates for each project
- Create high-quality designs to brief for each project
- Assist with design research, mood boards, and design reference
- Work with copywriters to make sure template content suits the design
- Review designs created by our designers and provide feedback for revisions
- Check for template usability before publishing
Experience you'll need
- 4 + years experience as a Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of designs;
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs;
- The ability to brief illustrators, photographers and videographers to create beautiful and quality content;
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines.