Graphic Designer GelatoOslo, NO
We’re changing the way people think about printing. Not that long ago we were company delivering greeting cards to families. Now we have built a global print cloud reaching more than 5 billion people. For our customers, Optimalprint represents a smarter way of bringing your memories into life.
You might be thinking that we print less and less. As a matter of fact, personalized printed stuff for families and loved ones has grown very fast during the last 10 years. Today, you take about 1,000 photos with your mobile phone every year. Optimalprint helps you to enjoy and share your photos by printing them in beautiful products in an easy, affordable, and sustainable way.
Why join Optimalprint?
Gelato’s consumer brand, Optimalprint, is an e-commerce leader in personalized photo and design products for consumers across 23 markets in Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand. The brand is growing rapidly by delivering high-quality products, fast, affordable, and sustainable because they are produced locally. Optimalprint does not own any print machines. We connect with print partners all across the world. Optimalprint has the highest customer satisfaction scores in all its markets (measured independently) and the highest-rated photo printing app in the App Store and Google Play store. We are working hard to innovate and continue to bring new products and the best user experience to the market. For our customers, Optimalprint represents a smarter and more sustainable way of bringing their memories into their daily lives.
Our culture is best described as team-oriented with highly energized and open-minded people from the best companies and schools in the world. Each team member has taken an active choice to join. Almost everyone in the Optimalprint team has a different nationality and comes from different parts of the world.
What are we up to now? We are about to reignite the Optimalprint brand – bring the user interface and design to the next level. We want to accelerate our design product catalogue and build a one-stop-shop for photo and design products for all families.
We’re looking for a talented and creative designer to help us tell the story of Optimalprint and why it matters. As a Senior Graphic Designer, you are responsible for the creatives that are part of our communication. You have a strong passion for creating innovative and original creatives and marketing campaigns that stand out, engage and support the brand. You always base your creatives on a deep understanding of the target audience needs.
You are an expert in handling the many facets of the creative process — and the creative industry — in order to produce the best work. You will be involved in the entire creative process from idea, concept creation to execution. You will work very closely with our Head of Creatives, creative agencies, external and internal team of designers and partners to create world-class creatives and marketing campaigns that support the brand. You will play a central role in shaping and redefining the new Optimalprint brand, creating a new brand identity and brand guidelines, so more people around the world understand how Optimalprint allows them to enjoy and share their memories.
What you’ll be doing
- Play a central role in shaping the new Optimalprint brand, new brand identity and brand guidelines.
- Translate marketing and business objectives into clear creative strategies and marketing concepts.
- Create designs for marketing campaigns and owned channels (web, mobile app).
- Create briefs and supervise other designers to deliver great creatives that are aligned with the product and brand guidelines.
- Quality checks and review creative work and provide feedback to creative partners.
- Ensure that all creatives are brand consistent and support the Optimalprint brand in all touchpoints.
- Support or lead external creative agencies, designers and partners in the production of marketing collaterals.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams and internal stakeholders.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior communication skills, high integrity and great attention to detail. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
You have incredible stamina, resilience, and grit. You’re a doer, who changes until winning. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty while never losing sight of the long-term ambition.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or Arts from a top school, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a creative role within an agency or similar organization, with emphasis on consumer marketing for brands across mediums (web, mobile, video, print) and countries.
- A solid and strong personal portfolio that shows creative range, innovative thinking, and demonstrates experience in creating lovable designs. Please submit a link to your online portfolio as part of the application.
- Great understanding of composition, grid systems, typography, colours and passionate about digital, visual identity and clean, functional design.
- Attention to detail, organized and understanding the importance of exceptional production throughout projects.
- Ability to storyboard, illustrate, pitch and translate ideas into designs and develop innovative solutions.
- A strong interest in print and stationery design.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects skills are a must.
- Knowledge of 3D design, videography and photography skills a plus.
- Strong understanding of creative operations at scale and production automation.
- Detail orientated, self-motivated, organised & able to multi-task.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Business-fluent in English.
These are the early days. Come join us and help us re-imagining the distribution of creativity. Be part of redefining the way people and companies communicate.
What it’s like to work at Gelato
We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are genuinely passionate about their work and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it's worth learning more about our culture and how we work before presenting your application.