Graphic Designer IFOAM-Organics InternationalNRW, Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, DE
We are hiring a Visual Communications Designer
Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international nonprofit organization with a membership base that spans around 100 countries, and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! We are growing and in transition, and are looking to strengthen our organization by supporting us in bringing our message across through an attractive visual design. To this end we are looking for a Visual Communications Designer to join our communications team of six. You will be involved in a range of activities from creating visual elements to developing various graphics and marketing materials. You will be part of a team of 30 and based in Bonn, Germany, reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications & Outreach. We are aiming to fill this position as soon as possible.
- Development of visual elements for campaigns, videos/animations and web use (e.g. social media, infographics, etc.);
- Brochures and other marketing collateral;
- Development of a corporate identity manual;
- Development of templates and standard stationary, according to our corporate identity;
- Logo development, e.g. for our Self-Organized Structures, events branding, etc;
- Graphic website enhancements;
- Organization of our image library;
- Serving as the interface between the printer and the organization. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Communications Design, Marketing Communication, Industrial Design or similar). Relevant work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience is desirable;
- Fluency in English, German an advantage; Excellent command of graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator);
- Knowledge of tools for digital publishing;
- Experience with textile printing and the development of materials of large dimensions (e.g. outdoors) would be an advantage. Working knowledge of web design valued (e.g. CSS, HTML);
- Basic understanding of CMS appreciated (e.g. Drupal, Wordpress);
- Basic understanding of marketing;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. creation of templates in Word and PowerPoint).
- Good cross-cultural communication skills and ability to work in a team;
- A flexible and dynamic working attitude;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Ability to be clear and concise; • Creative with the ability to transform complex narratives into easily understood visual output (e.g. infographics);
- A keen eye for detail (both textual and graphic accuracy)
- The ability to perform under pressure and to tight deadlines. A portfolio with examples of work would be appreciated
We offer a full-time (40 hours/week) position initially for 2 years with the intention to extend to an unlimited contract, with a probation period of 6 months. IFOAM – Organics International offers an annual salary range from 32,000 to 40,000 Euro based on experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email by August 27th in one single file (PDF) indicating in the subject line the title of the position you apply for. We aim to fill this position as soon as possible. Your application must include a cover letter, your CV and salary expectations.
Additional documents may be asked for at a later stage. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.