Graphic Designer LiteratiAustin, Texas, US
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to curate transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As Marketing Graphic Designer, you will play a crucial role in building consumer touchpoints from brainstorm through launch. Your work will directly impact our social media, web presence, and advertising creative across channels, so you should bring a thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, images and interactivity impact design. In this hands-on role, you will receive direction from creative leadership and partner with members on a driven, growing Marketing team at one of Austin’s most exciting literary brands.
We're good at:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
You're good at:
- Bringing ideas to visual life and finding creative solutions for communication.
- Ingraining Literati’s high brand standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- Reacting quickly to new information, opinions, and direction. You can strategically pivot, with efficiency, when necessary.
- Multitasking with extraordinary resourcefulness. You are a magician who builds art through creativity and innovation.
- Working in a fast-paced, passionate environment.
You will need:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in graphic design at a consumer-focused startup or agency.
- Authoritative expertise with Sketch and Adobe CS (especially Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator), as well as a range of other design tools.
- Bonus points for experience in motion graphics, video, UX/UI design, or web design language.
- Demonstrated track record of designing different marketing assets across mediums.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Relevant portfolio of recent work.
Your day-to-day will:
You’ll work alongside our Marketing creative and brand team to produce a volume of emails, social posts, web ads, internal projects, occasional print projects and other design requests as needed, from start to finish.
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.